User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Luggage Rack Install..

Well I got tired having to wear a backpack everywhere so I went to get a luggage rack. The rack part itself was 450 and the dealer was asking for over 500. I had a feeling I could get buy for less.

So I searched some online shops and found a chinese replacement for 130. I ordered and they sent it by international EMS. The piece looks solid and was quite amazed at the quality.

But it seems I need a docking kit and that wasnt included in the order. Seems the only way to get those is to order from a dealer. Which is 85 dolllars.

If theres anyone Statesside that can give a poor fellow rider a hand it would be much appreciated plz pm

나의 SM-G930L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

2016 Street 750 "Vivid Black"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-24-2017, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
You are going to have to bite the bullet and get it from HD... Trust me, I have done the research and tried to find something else, and there is nothing... The special washers HD uses for the luggage rack install is their own proprietary design... Its only $40 USD here, so the conversion rate must be astounding there.... The knock off Chinese ones are decently welded and built better than the HD ones, (weight ratings I think 10lbs on the HD and the Knock Off are 20lbs)...

2001 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (RIP)
2016 Harley Davidson Street 750 (modded)

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (10 sec baby)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (High 12 tugboat)
post #3 of 5 Old 02-24-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTalonTSiAWD View Post
You are going to have to bite the bullet and get it from HD... Trust me, I have done the research and tried to find something else, and there is nothing... The special washers HD uses for the luggage rack install is their own proprietary design... Its only $40 USD here, so the conversion rate must be astounding there.... The knock off Chinese ones are decently welded and built better than the HD ones, (weight ratings I think 10lbs on the HD and the Knock Off are 20lbs)...
Ah that sucks...There is only one dealer in the country I live and it sucks to deal with the price gouging. I looked up the US online part store and docking kit,sissy bar and backrest in total cost 170. Which is about the price of a sissy bar here

post #4 of 5 Old 02-26-2017, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyung Jun Park View Post
Ah that sucks...There is only one dealer in the country I live and it sucks to deal with the price gouging. I looked up the US online part store and docking kit,sissy bar and backrest in total cost 170. Which is about the price of a sissy bar here

Yeah man I am sorry to hear that.... I did the research too and came up with nothing other than OEM Harley Davidson parts....

2001 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (RIP)
2016 Harley Davidson Street 750 (modded)

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (10 sec baby)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (High 12 tugboat)
post #5 of 5 Old 03-19-2017, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The docking hardware finally arrived!! Used a 6mm hex key to Install.

But it seems the chinese knockoff rack isn't up to spec on the front.

So I had to loosen the front bolts, clamp the rack on then tightn the front bolts.

The paint around the bolts are peeling off so thats not good but the ebtire rig looks sturdy enough

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page