Scorpio Alarm & GPS Review & Install - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-12-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Scorpio Alarm & GPS Review & Install

As most are aware the XG500 & XG750 Street did not come with or have any kind of security option
other than the steering lock until 2017 model year. Which IMHO was one of the biggest mistakes
Harley-Davidson made with this model given two guys can walk away with one of these with little
or no effort. So, all the mechanical locks, chains, etc., in the world are of no value.
After no small amount of research, I found the latest version of the Scorpio Alarm & GPS
as of the time of this writing has no equal for any price.
I bought their newest systems:
"Ride Core S" & SRX-900 with RFID Technology, Remote, GPS Tracking, Perimeter Sensor (Motion Detector), Accelerometer and Remote Ignition Disable.
https://ridescorpio.com/
https://ridescorpio.com/ride/
https://ridescorpio.com/secure/
I paid $763.08 to my door for their latest & greatest systems, with all the bells and whistles
and $131.40 for the annual data plan my total out of pocket was $894.48 USD.

In searching for local alarm & gps installers for a custom install on a motorcycle
in Las Vegas was unbelievably dismal; basically, forget about getting a motorcycle alarm
installed in Las Vegas, Nevada because I found no one that had done one before, XG or otherwise.
I waited days and days for shops that said they could probably do it, but they had to research it to
see IF it could be done.
I got tired of waiting; So, I took it upon myself to do.

I found it was not too difficult other than shoe-horning everything under the XG500 seat,
in a clean fashion. Especially, given Iíve never installed a car or motorcycle alarm before, although Iím mechanically inclined and do most work on my cars and bikes that donít require a lift or more than one person to do.
. The Ride App for Android or ios is cool, you can setup text, sms, email notifications for
any kind of applicable security event you can think of. Notwithstanding, user-defined security events, notifications, etc. The Ride App maps are updated in real time, you can literally watch your bike in satellite or street view go down the street if you let someone drive it around while you are watching from the Ride App on your mobile device. Or see where your bike is parked from wherever you happen to be sitting away from your bike. Forget about distance limitations for alert notifications, etc.
. Just like LoJack before they stopped selling motorcycle security solutions; you can give the police a code to access the same information you see from your Ride App and recover your bike.
. Product Support has been helpful thus far.
. Perimeter Sensor/Motion Detectors, and Accelerometer are configurable, fine tunable, from a cat walking next to your bike to off/disabled.
. Alarm/GPS etc., still works even IF power is cut.
. Manual or Auto Arming/Disarming.
. Has everything one would find & expect in a car alarm, yet seems impossible to find in a single motorcycle alarm solution.
. Custom Motorcycle Alarm, with GPS Tracking, Police Theft Recovery Integration, etc.
. Designed, Engineered in Scottsdale, AZ.
. Full Featured, yet compact enough to fit clean & neat under the seat of a Harley-Davidson Street XG500.
. No competing product with all the same features, options, configuration fine tunability.
Dislikes:
. Expensive.
. Manufactured in China.
. Supplied Solderless connectors were wrong size
. No Wire cover or heat-shrink tubing supplied, (I bought my own and added)
. Instructions were missing some details, that delayed my installation.
. No Vendor/Manufacturer Video of an actual live end-to-end install on any motorcycle, of complete product suite I purchased
. Support hours telephonically or email are ONLY 8-5 M-F MST (hence the added delay in my installation completion)
In Summary:
Would I buy again? YES
Would I recommend? YES
I'm Happy to discuss further, if someone would like further details.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-12-2017, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
I have the Scorpio I800 with Starter Kill and Perimeter Sensor. Installed it myself.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page