1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gaijin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-29-2017, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looking for short mufflers (and other noob questions)

I'm currently in the process of buying my first Harley Davidson (the Street 750!) and I'm poking around everywhere looking for upgrades I want to do it. I came across this and I was hoping if anyone could point me to where I can find that muffler! Or anything similar to it, really.

P.S., if you could tell me what kind of handlebars that is, that would be tops!

EDIT:

I'm planning on doing a full stage 1 upgrade. Any recommendations on an air filter? And also, is it possible to do the software upgrade myself?

Last edited by asingh4; 11-29-2017 at 03:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-29-2017, 05:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
The one picture you posted is showing the exhaust. That pretty much looks like someone modded the existing catalytic converter and is using it as the "muffler".

As far as aftermarket goes, the S&S Grand National slip on and Stealth intake are a very good combination sound and performance wise.

Tuning......the choices you have right now are the Power Vision from FuelMoto as they have a canned tune installed in the unit, the Vance & Hines Fuel Pak 3 and the tuner from Harley.

As for the handlebar question.....That picture is not showing in your post.

'06 VRSCR
'10 XR1200
'14 FXDL
'18 FXFBS
post #3 of 3 Old 11-30-2017, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh4 View Post
I'm planning on doing a full stage 1 upgrade. Any recommendations on an air filter? And also, is it possible to do the software upgrade myself?
If it's a 2017 or 2018, be aware that using ANY tuner other than the Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner, will immediately void your warranty. Harley has no choice; the EPA consent decree they signed requires them by law to void your warranty if you use an aftermarket tuner. And that includes any extended warranty you may have bought too.

And using any non-EPA-certified powertrain components may also lead to them voiding your warranty. Note that Vance & Hines has a statement on their website that says their pipes are for competition use only, not legal for street use. On the other hand, S&S's Grand National specifically says it is "Qualified Manufacturer Declared Emissions Replacement Part on all 2014- 2017 Street Models".

So the question is: do you care about your warranty? If so, you have only one guaranteed safe choice: use the Screamin' Eagle intake, the Nightstick muffler, and the SEPST tuner. Those parts will not void your warranty. They may not give you the best performance possible, but they'll keep your warranty intact.

If your bike is a 2015 or 2016, then the EPA consent decree doesn't apply to you and they're not obligated to immediately void the powertrain warranty for using a non-compliant tuner. They still might, but they're not contractually bound to. Then again, most 2015's and probably many 2016's should be out of warranty by now anyway.

When I had a 2015 Street 750, I did a Stage 1 using the V&H O2 Naked air intake, the Screamin' Eagle slip-on muffler, and the V&H FP3 tuner, and I have to say -- it was fantastic. Delivered about a 20% gain in torque throughout the midrange, really woke the bike up, and still delivered 50 mpg. But, I didn't do it until the warranty had expired. If your bike isn't under warranty, or you don't care about voiding the warranty, I can highly recommend this combo of parts.
Big Rus likes this.

Last edited by Gaijin; 11-30-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page