User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-23-2018, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Gas Caps?

I have a straight black bike and I hate having the chrome gas cap on there. Does anyone know of any other options to replace the stock gas cap? Would love to make it all black...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-24-2018, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Been looking myself......no joy short of painting it.

'06 VRSCR
'10 XR1200
'14 FXDL
'18 FXFBS
post #3 of 4 Old 03-24-2018, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwabbii View Post
I have a straight black bike and I hate having the chrome gas cap on there. Does anyone know of any other options to replace the stock gas cap? Would love to make it all black...
There are millions of aftermarket and Harley gas caps out there for Harleys. On my '18 Fat Bob I just installed this Willie G skull gas cap. It fits most of their bikes, but unfortunately doesn't fit the Street series.

I find it odd that there are no official Harley gas caps at all for the Street and Street Rod bikes. Especially since the Street has been out since 2015.

I further find it odd that there's practically zero aftermarket gas caps for the XG bikes, at all, from any maker! I had to search like **** to find even this. The one I found looks like it was designed by Chris Eder and made by Misfit Industries, although going to the Misfit page it doesn't look like it's anywhere to be found on their site. But it looks pretty slick.

You may want to try contacting Misfit Industries, or go directly to this guy at his pinterest page:
https://www.pinterest.com/CEderDesig...treet-500-750/

Other than that, you can look into having a chrome shop cover it in black chrome. Or, if you can disassemble it (and it's metal) perhaps you could get it powdercoated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Willie-G-black-gas-cap.jpg (35.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Gaijin; 03-24-2018 at 01:58 PM.

post #4 of 4 Old 03-24-2018, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The Street 500/750/Rod have a locking gas cap designed for the international market, so there are few aftermarket choices for a complete replacement. They do not fit standard Harley gas caps from other models. Harley did make trim rings as specific accessories for the Street in two designs. This is the one I got to dress it up.
https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-cap-medallion

wiliM
- 2015 Street XG750

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page