Screamin Eagle State One - Your Experiences - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 08-09-2018, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Location: I split my time between rural central Iowa and rural southwest Iowa
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Screamin Eagle State One - Your Experiences

So far I have kept the stock intakes on my xg750. Maybe it's time for the stage one upgrade. I'm thinking of going with the Screamin Eagle intake, exhaust and tuner from my local H-D dealership.

Who else has done this?
Did it provide a satisfactory performance increase for the money spent?
How is the sound from the Screamin Eagle slip on exhaust?

The alternative for me would probably be to go with:
Vance & Hines Fuelpak FP3 Fuel Management System
Vance & Hines 4-1/2″ Hi-Output Slip-On Muffler Black
Vance & Hines VO2 Naked Air Cleaner Kit

Does anybody have that specific configuration? I have the same questions about gong the V&H route.

My bike is a 2016 xg750, so it isn't subject to the EPA restriction that voids my warranty by using an aftermarket tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-10-2018, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
That is the set up I have on my bike . Properly tuned it does increase HP . For best results I removed the plastic tube & plastic fastener from the stock air box , with the new eagle filter & mounting the engine gets plenty air .
As for the exhaust I added three more discs to get a little more sound out of it . The disc can be bought aftermarket , Super Trap Exhaust . Note if you plan to add disc do it when the pipe is new or you will not get the screws out ,they are not antisesed from eagle , I don't think they can sell anything that has any sound at all .
post #3 of 12 Old 08-13-2018, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
If warranty is indeed not an issue, then I can recommend the combination I had. I went with the V&H VO2 Naked air cleaner and the Nightstick muffler and the FP3. The combination resulted in a huge increase in torque throughout the middle of the rev range.

I don't think the Screamin' Eagle intakes do much of anything. The VO2 made a big difference in performance but also in intake sound.

post #4 of 12 Old 12-04-2018, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had Screamin Eagle stage 1 installed before I picked mine up. I have since removed it all and went with an S&S air cleaner, FP3, and a gutted stock muffler. Sounds and performs better than SE by far.
post #5 of 12 Old 12-05-2018, 02:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I did the Bassani exhaust with the FP3 and VH naked intake. Man I dig it. Love the FP3. I did the work and saved moola. My little 500 rocks. I am very pleased with the stage and wish I would have done it sooner.

Do it.
Weshicatwelo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C0CB8421-1BDF-4D4D-B8B9-2BC7B68003A0.jpg (466.1 KB, 25 views)
post #6 of 12 Old 12-05-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Right after starting this thread, the decision was made to lend the xg750 to my nephew and his girlfriend as their starter bike.

I have decided to apply the following mods in this sequence:
  1. Vance & Hines Fuelpak FP3 Fuel Management System - Unless the weather improves in Iowa, we'll install this when the bike comes off the trailer in Texas. I'll run the auto tune session and turn the bike over to the kids.
  2. Vance & Hines 4-1/2″ Hi-Output Slip-On Muffler Black - I'll ship the muffler to my nephew and let him decide whether he wants to tackle the installation or take it to a shop on my dime. It's kind of a test to see how he feels about wrenching on the bike once he gets his own. I'll have him run an auto tune session afterwards, even though it's not strictly necessary.
  3. Vance & Hines VO2 Naked Air Cleaner Kit - We'll see how the kid does with the muffler before making the decision on this one. I'm also considering other air cleaners such as the S&S Stealth or the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. I may even just go with the K&N High Performance Replacement Air Filter to keep it simple.

Formerly known as "PugslyCat" until the account got locked.
2016 xg750 in Velocity Red
2007 Sportster 1200 Custom in blue and silver
post #7 of 12 Old 12-05-2018, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
XG-A streetrod.
K&N filter in stock housing + FP3 + firebrand grand prix muffler.
Goes like a rocket and sounds like thunder.
Highly recommended and feels like a different bike altogether than stock.

Rowle uk.
post #8 of 12 Old 12-05-2018, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
you definitely need the FP3 when changing the pipe and air. Big change in performance and sound. Got the K&N elbow air-filter and the V&H Competition exhaust finely tuned by the FP3. Added HP as well (at least 7.5) Sweet as pie.
post #9 of 12 Old 12-06-2018, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowle View Post
K&N filter in stock housing
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm seriously thinking of this because the simplicity of changing just the filter element and also the sleeper aspect of keeping the stock air cleaner cover both appeal to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowle View Post
Highly recommended and feels like a different bike altogether than stock.
That's part of why I want to phase in these changes one at a time. I want the kids to see how each element changes things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
you definitely need the FP3 when changing the pipe and air. Big change in performance and sound.
I have no experience with tuning a bike, just what I've read here and seen on YouTube. Several people have stated that adding the FP3 to a stock bike and doing an autotune will improve the rideability by enriching the mixture a bit. Everybody says a full exhaust would require a tune, but not so many agree that is needed for the slip on mufflers I'm looking at. What I've read and viewed also says that the new pipes don't add to the performance, but that the magic really occurs when the induction changes let enough air in to allow the engine to burn more fuel.

Formerly known as "PugslyCat" until the account got locked.
2016 xg750 in Velocity Red
2007 Sportster 1200 Custom in blue and silver
post #10 of 12 Old 12-21-2018, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The K&N filter is a waste of money. A V&H or S&S air cleaner is a super easy install as they are the sane unit different front plate. The problem with the K&N drop in is the stock air box is only gonna let so nuch air get to it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page