User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-27-2018, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Memphis Shades Batwing

Has anyone successfully installed a Memphis Shades Batwing fairing on their XG750? I received one for my wife's 750 yesterday and just spent the last 8 hours trying to install it. However, it doesn't seem to fit. I had to remove the the right mirror because the brake master cylinder was in the way and had to be rotated. Then I find that the speedometer is in the way and I can't lock it in place.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-29-2018, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
In some of the threads on this forum there are pictures by members who have installed a Batwing on their bikes. So now it is time for some forum searching on your side.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #3 of 6 Old 11-01-2018, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On the upper fork mounted brackets, adjust them so they are all the way forward. This will move the top of the fairing forward, away from the speedo.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-02-2018, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I saw the postings but no one mentioned how they did it. They only said that they did. I have tried to contact the OPs with no luck. Anyway, after several frustrating hours, I have figured it out. I will post a "how to" in the near future with pictures.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-02-2018, 01:14 PM

Location: I split my time between rural central Iowa and rural southwest Iowa
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Wade View Post
I have tried to contact the OPs with no luck.
Yea, that can be a problem around here. If you go to an old post the OP may not come to the forum frequently, or possibly not at all. The reasons for that vary, but some of the common ones are:
  • Since the Street series of bikes are considered starter bikes, they may have moved on to another bike with its own forum or given up on motorcycles altogether.
  • Some members come here during the parts of the year they are riding, but aren't on the forum when the bike is put away for the winter in their part of the world.
  • Some members only come here for their motorcycle fix when the bike is put away for the winter in their part of the world.
  • Some members only show up when they need some information, have parts to sell, want to plug their YouTube channel, or maybe mention the Go Fund Me page set up to cover their crash related expenses.
  • Some members only show up when they have an exciting ride to share, discover a new technique, or find out about some other exciting development from H-D.
  • Some members just get tired of reading and posting on forums.

Formerly known as "PugslyCat" until the account got locked.
2016 xg750 in Velocity Red
2007 Sportster 1200 Custom in blue and silver
post #6 of 6 Old 11-09-2018, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Adam Wade, as you stated: "will post a "how to" in the near future with pictures.".
Please do so soon.........

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page