Street Trike 500 Changing out the Pingle Gear Shifter - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-28-2019, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Street Trike 500 Changing out the Pingle Gear Shifter

Hi All from South Lake WA..... I Bought a Street Trike 500 from Tony Cro here in WA..... As I am disabled Tony had to modify the Clutch Setup to a Pingle Push Button Gear Shifter After riding the Bike about 30kms in total the Pingle Gear Shifter Doesn't seem to be working Properly..... So I Phoned Tony and He is having the Trike Transported to his shop in Port Kennedy on Monday to assess the Damage and do the Repairs

My Question is to all you lovely People is it possible to convert the Street 500 to a fully automatic setup say like CVT on a Scooter

Thanks in Advance

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-01-2019, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Post some pictures . Many of us would enjoy seeing it. I know many sporters have been converted to the auto clutch Just not sure it it would work on a Street. I will talk to someone that may know latter this afternoon.
They have converted many Sportsters. The Pingle shift is for more aggressive shifting pretty much for racing. Stick around some of us have been involved in modding bikes for for disabled riders.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-01-2019, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Radius auto clutch. Not cheap but Dealership I trust assured me works perfect . https://rekluse.com/product/radiusx-clutch/?pd=1
They install a lot of handicap mods. Any more question I will be happy to help.

"RadiusX – a high performance auto clutch is just a clutch pack swap away. RadiusX combines TorqDrive friction disk technology with our innovative EXP (auto clutch) disk. TorqDrive provides more clutch disks in less space, delivering high performance auto function within the framework of the stock clutch."

• – Dead-on clutch engagement every time
  • – Take off and stop in gear without using clutch lever – no more stalls
  • – Experience maximum power delivery
  • – Confidently navigate traffic and slow speed conditions
  • – TorqDrive® clutch pack delivers higher torque capacity and increased power transfer
  • – Rekluse sleeves eliminate basket wear and notching
  • – Standard clutch lever function with full override
  • – No modification to stock components
  • – Shifting transmission remains unchanged (clutch lever use is recommended for shifting)

Last edited by smitty901; 07-01-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page