LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 10-16-2019, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Air filter avability in EU

Hi everyone,

as I need to do my 16kkm service I wanted to change my air filer and... it turned out that here in Poland it is as rare as a white crow.... Air filter is a basic thing that people change frequently so I though it should be widely available but it seems that the only source is the dealer...

Is it only here a problem with such a simple parts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-16-2019, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Why would you want to change it so soon? They can usually be cleaned if dirty.

You will likely find that the dealer will be the only place you can get a 'stock' filter but there are quite a few available made by other companies.

Botty
post #3 of 12 Old 10-17-2019, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello autko,

I have the V&H filter. I just cleaned it and oiled it with the K&N squeeze oil. Thanks Botty! It will prolly outlast me.
I have the same trouble finding R&G racing products from the UK. Seems like we could just ring them up and have them send something out but its not the case. Big honka ocean gets in the way I guess.

Weshicatwelo!

post #4 of 12 Old 10-17-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botty View Post
Why would you want to change it so soon? They can usually be cleaned if dirty.

As I'm riding in all weather conditions the paper type filter is rather useless after a year of usage

Quote:
You will likely find that the dealer will be the only place you can get a 'stock' filter but there are quite a few available made by other companies.

I was looking for ANY third party filters bu the only ones that are available (apart from the HD dealers) are the K&Ns....

BTW- my dealer told me that I might change the filter for K&N without re-flashing the engine maps... Is it true?!
post #5 of 12 Old 10-17-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Have you changed the engine maps for the V&H filter?
post #6 of 12 Old 10-17-2019, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autko View Post
Have you changed the engine maps for the V&H filter?
I recently installed S&S Stealth intake on my 2017 XG750A Street Rod with stock ECM. Bike also has Rinehart muffler and runs great during closed-loop and also runs great during big throttle inputs from idle to high-mid. WOT inputs are also fine from idle to mid but past that I am pretty sure the AFR is too high (lean). It just seems a little bit flat in that area.

For the way I ride it all works just fine but I will buy V&H Fuelpak FP3 if somebody will verify the maps available for XG750A Street Rod. Hopefully I will have some verification on that tomorrow...

Here are some very good reads on late-model HD ECM and changes to intake and/or exhaust:

https://www.aimag.com/1-reader-question

IED FAQ's
post #7 of 12 Old 10-18-2019, 03:01 AM

Garage
I installed a screamin eagle high input filter on mine - at the same time I put a Firebrand GP exhaust on so I opted for an FP3 at the time. . I personally would not like to say if you could change the filter to one of those without a remap as I did one when I put eveything on but other people have told me that it would have run fine as the ecm sensors would compensate for the filter.

I guess if you start changing things then yes, you have to be prepared to either have your bike retuned by a dealer or do it yourself with a tuner - the cost of buying one though is quite high so if all you intend to do is change a filter I would check around and get one that doesn't need a re-tune - the manufacturers should be able to tell - just drop them an email.

Have to say that my bike really does run lovely though and is noticeably better than a stock set up.

Botty
post #8 of 12 Old 10-18-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I installed a screamin eagle high input filter on mine - at the same time I put a Firebrand GP exhaust on so I opted for an FP3 at the time. . I personally would not like to say if you could change the filter to one of those without a remap as I did one when I put eveything on but other people have told me that it would have run fine as the ecm sensors would compensate for the filter.

Have to say that my bike really does run lovely though and is noticeably better than a stock set up.
My S&S Stealth makes a LOT of intake noise under heavy throttle - How about yours?
post #9 of 12 Old 10-18-2019, 10:53 AM

Garage
LOL, can't say I can hear it really as my exhaust makes a **** of a noise so I wear ear plugs to protect my hearing

Botty
post #10 of 12 Old 10-18-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
LOL, can't say I can hear it really as my exhaust makes a **** of a noise so I wear ear plugs to protect my hearing
HA! That's funny! I have a Rinehart pipe on mine and it sounds good but not obnoxious. Intake makes all sorts of odd sounds - Squeaking/Squealing/Chuffing/Fluttering/Rattling/Sucking/Whistling and so on. The loudest and oddest intake I have every heard on a bike...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page