Devils Tower - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 08-08-2016, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CO WanderZest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Devils Tower

This afternoon in Wyoming. Traveled over from Sturgis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160808_131445315_1470706546983.jpg (147.1 KB, 166 views)
CO WanderZest is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 08-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Awesome picture! How's the rally? Seeing any XG's out there?
Jmiske1 is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 08-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Solo750owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ozaukee County
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO WanderZest View Post
This afternoon in Wyoming. Traveled over from Sturgis.
Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that a bat wing faring on a Street 750?
10-64 likes this.
Solo750owner is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 Old 08-10-2016, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CO WanderZest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmiske1 View Post
Awesome picture! How's the rally? Seeing any XG's out there?
Rally was fun. Good rides. Iron Mountain ride is always good and Vanocker Canyon out of Sturgis is almost like Rocky Mountain Canyons. Only saw a couple other XG750's, both while riding and so didn't get a chance to talk with either rider. Had to leave before the flat track races with XG750R in it, but looks like it had a short race.

Not all those who wander are lost.
CO WanderZest is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 08-10-2016, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CO WanderZest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yep, that's a Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing, You win the Good Eyes Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo750owner View Post
Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that a bat wing faring on a Street 750?
I got it installed 2 days ago at Memphis Shades truck at J and P Cycles at Sturgis rally. Got free installation, which was good since it takes a front signal relocation kit that involved lifting the fuel tank to connect to the turn signal plugs. Needs longer wires to reach down below the fairing mounts. Installation was not very quick as installer/salesperson kept getting interrupted and clearly he has not installed many (maybe one other) batwings on our bikes.
https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...=18690&thumb=1
https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...=18698&thumb=1

https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...=18706&thumb=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160810_120143 (1).jpg (145.9 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160808_110528022.jpg (247.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160810_120957.jpg (409.7 KB, 120 views)

Not all those who wander are lost.
CO WanderZest is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 08-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Just noticed for air intake, how do you like it? Also, think you'll eventually paint the fairing to match the red or will you leave it black?
Jmiske1 is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 08-10-2016, 09:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Fall City, WA
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Mmm, forward controls. Those cost a pretty penny. How do you like them?
I know the stock fairing on these bikes isn't color matched, but do you have any plans to color match the memphis one?

2016 Street 5̶0̶0̶ 750
UnaClocker is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 08-10-2016, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
CO WanderZest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmiske1 View Post
Just noticed for air intake, how do you like it? Also, think you'll eventually paint the fairing to match the red or will you leave it black?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaClocker View Post
Mmm, forward controls. Those cost a pretty penny. How do you like them?
I know the stock fairing on these bikes isn't color matched, but do you have any plans to color match the memphis one?
A: The K&N air intake? I love it. Improved engine sound and definitely power. Not sure I would have wanted to pay MSRP, but I got a lower introductory price on it and that was more reasonable. Needed to change because the stock intake pushed my knee too far laterally with forward controls.
B: Forward Controls? I love them. Luckily got them last winter at slightly lower cost from Thailand supplier. $470 including shipping. I see the price has gone up $50 since then and the cost for the 2016 kit with the more complex rear brake setup is much more expensive. They certainly help my knees as I am 6 foot tall. The pivot for the brake lever is the low point on the bike now, as I have found out on some very sharp right hand turns. That is with 1 inch lower (12 inch) shocks.
C: To paint or not to paint? This question is up in the air at this time. Just haven't had it long enough to decide that. I am likely to keep it black unless I went full bagger and somehow put painted hard cases on the back. I think if there were more Mysterious Sunglo Red in the back of the bike to balance the batwing then it would look ok.

Not all those who wander are lost.
CO WanderZest is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 08-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Solo750owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern Ozaukee County
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO WanderZest View Post
I got it installed 2 days ago at Memphis Shades truck at J and P Cycles at Sturgis rally. Got free installation, which was good since it takes a front signal relocation kit that involved lifting the fuel tank to connect to the turn signal plugs. Needs longer wires to reach down below the fairing mounts. Installation was not very quick as installer/salesperson kept getting interrupted and clearly he has not installed many (maybe one other) batwings on our bikes.
https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...=18690&thumb=1
https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...=18698&thumb=1

https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...=18706&thumb=1
Oh please tell me and the rest of us more. How does the bike handle with that wing? Do you have a catalog number for that batwing from Memphis shades? Are you satisfied with the way it works on the bike?
Solo750owner is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 08-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
 
ycbrewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
ycbrewster is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome