Ride #4 - Quick getaway with the Therapist - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

6Likes
  • 3 Post By bmoothedan
  • 1 Post By HDGuy
  • 1 Post By Beauty and the Beast
  • 1 Post By OldDawg

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-08-2014, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to bmoothedan
(Thread Starter)
Cool Ride #4 - Quick getaway with the Therapist

We have a long weekend (a holiday today, Monday) and I've been itching to try out the new highway footpegs that I got installed recently. I planned to leave early morning at 6 am but the roads were wet and it was raining. So I decided to postpone my ride. Come 12:00 PM and my little boy is all set for his day, had a good breakfast and a good bath. He's asks for his teddy and I know he wants to sleep. I pat him to sleep in his cot. It's 12:15 pm and I tell my wife that I'm stepping out for a quick ride to test the footpegs. She agrees since the little one is asleep. I quickly get into my riding gear and set the alarm for 35 minutes and take off. The roads were not as crowded as I expected and once I got to the highway, it was a breeze. I got to stretch my legs and boy I must say that the footpegs are indeed a good investment.

Stopped on the way back for a few shots of the Therapist. The colored logo on the tank looks nice on her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140908_135027.jpg (178.2 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140908_135115.jpg (176.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140908_135349.jpg (192.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140908_135421.jpg (160.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140908_135438.jpg (119.5 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by bmoothedan; 09-08-2014 at 04:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-08-2014, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
I love what you did to the logo, I wish I could do that but I am not talented like that and would have my bike looking messed up.

I am the Beauty of "Beauty and the Beast"
post #3 of 8 Old 09-09-2014, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVerneKey View Post
I love what you did to the logo, I wish I could do that but I am not talented like that and would have my bike looking messed up.
@LaVerneKey - believe me, it's pretty easy actually. If you were in Pune, I would have done this for you.

All you need is an orange permanent marker. I was never good at arts and crafts or drawing and painting but the way the logo is setup on the tank makes it easy. The tip of the permanent marker pen was quite fine for me not to make any mistake. In any case even if you touch other parts of the tank (around the logo) while the paint is wet you can simply wipe it off.

So far, I've applied 3 coats with the permanent marker. I've taken her out in the rains and the color is pretty much set. So I'm happy.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-09-2014, 02:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi,

The coloring looks cool. Nice job.

Have you given the bike a wash with Harley cleaning solution or at the dealer and is the color holding good?

Regards,
Ganesh
post #5 of 8 Old 09-09-2014, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rganesh67 View Post
Hi,

The coloring looks cool. Nice job.

Have you given the bike a wash with Harley cleaning solution or at the dealer and is the color holding good?

Regards,
Ganesh
The color is from a permanent marker pen. I've ridden in the rain, washed the bike my (I always do) but the color has not been affected. So I'm guessing whatever permanent marker I've used (some Japanese make), it's holding well so far. It's only been a week BTW. I'll let you know if the color fades in the coming week with multiple washes.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-09-2014, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
At least this therapist has guaranteed results and makes ever minute worth it unlike the other type
bmoothedan likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-10-2014, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoothedan View Post
@LaVerneKey - believe me, it's pretty easy actually. If you were in Pune, I would have done this for you.

All you need is an orange permanent marker. I was never good at arts and crafts or drawing and painting but the way the logo is setup on the tank makes it easy. The tip of the permanent marker pen was quite fine for me not to make any mistake. In any case even if you touch other parts of the tank (around the logo) while the paint is wet you can simply wipe it off.

So far, I've applied 3 coats with the permanent marker. I've taken her out in the rains and the color is pretty much set. So I'm happy.
@bmoothedan - I am going to try it, so at least I can say that I made one mod to my bike.
bmoothedan likes this.

I am the Beauty of "Beauty and the Beast"
post #8 of 8 Old 09-15-2014, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Color in that little indented logo on your handle bar brace. You did a good job with the Harley logos'.
bmoothedan likes this.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way !

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page