Pumbaa: Red Harley Street 750 - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 12-29-2015, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pumba leaking oil for the third time from the gear shifter linkage to the engine compartment. Anyboy else facing the same issue?

Pumba: Red Harley Street 750 2016
Timon: Orange Yamaha FZ16 2009
Optimus: Red Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD 2013
Atom: Red Tata Nano XTA 2016
Kinshuk Arya is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 Old 01-04-2016, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
So the Harley guys have again changed the Neutral shift O ring, lets see how long this lasts.

I also went for my first HOG ride this weekend. It was planned at the last moment so couldnt take my camera with me..... It was a small ride of 90kms to and fro with on the house breakfast boufet from Mariott.

The total attendance of Harley bikes were close to 200, with around 165 coming down from Mumbai and 35 from Pune. Almost the entire range was there including a Night Rod and even a CVO glide, although couldnt see the Breakout though.

Pumba: Red Harley Street 750 2016
Timon: Orange Yamaha FZ16 2009
Optimus: Red Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD 2013
Atom: Red Tata Nano XTA 2016
Kinshuk Arya is offline  
post #13 of 19 Old 06-30-2016, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello Guys,

Logging in after a long time.

Pumba is doing good, have completed 3000kms on it.

Meanwhile have added a backrest and changed the tyres to Michelin Pilot Street 110 (Front) and MRF Vyde 170 (Rear).

the grip levels have improved drastically, so is the looks.

Adding some pictures.

Did some city riding yesterday with real heavy traffic, have a doubt as to how do you guys cope up with the Clutch Fatigue in city riding with stop go traffic for kilometers?

Regards,
Kinshuk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160625_003.jpg (78.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20160615_001.jpg (81.8 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20160625_006.jpg (376.4 KB, 106 views)

Pumba: Red Harley Street 750 2016
Timon: Orange Yamaha FZ16 2009
Optimus: Red Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD 2013
Atom: Red Tata Nano XTA 2016
Kinshuk Arya is offline  
 
post #14 of 19 Old 09-02-2016, 12:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinshuk Arya View Post
Hello Guys,

Logging in after a long time.

Pumba is doing good, have completed 3000kms on it.

Meanwhile have added a backrest and changed the tyres to Michelin Pilot Street 110 (Front) and MRF Vyde 170 (Rear).

the grip levels have improved drastically, so is the looks.

Adding some pictures.

Did some city riding yesterday with real heavy traffic, have a doubt as to how do you guys cope up with the Clutch Fatigue in city riding with stop go traffic for kilometers?

Regards,
Kinshuk
Hi,

Great to read your post. I have done over 3200 Kms on my street which I bought in February 16. Just wanted to know any particular reason for shifting to Michelin and MRF. I haven't faced any issues with my stock Tyres and have done riding in pelting rain and slush.

Regarding clutch fatigue I have just ordered easy clutch cable system from Aliexpress.com still awaiting delivery will let you know nice I install
Solo750owner and Kinshuk Arya like this.
mhr.manish is offline  
post #15 of 19 Old 09-05-2016, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr.manish View Post
Hi,

Great to read your post. I have done over 3200 Kms on my street which I bought in February 16. Just wanted to know any particular reason for shifting to Michelin and MRF. I haven't faced any issues with my stock Tyres and have done riding in pelting rain and slush.

Regarding clutch fatigue I have just ordered easy clutch cable system from Aliexpress.com still awaiting delivery will let you know nice I install
Hi Manish,

I had couple of scary scenarios with emergency braking where my FZ with the michelins in front didnt do any drama, that's why I changed the front to michelins and the rear to the best available in India.

The problem is the braking power in STreet is good but the Tyres dont hold together.

Regards,
Kinshuk
mhr.manish likes this.

Pumba: Red Harley Street 750 2016
Timon: Orange Yamaha FZ16 2009
Optimus: Red Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD 2013
Atom: Red Tata Nano XTA 2016
Kinshuk Arya is offline  
post #16 of 19 Old 09-16-2016, 12:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Hi Kinshuk,

Those are some useful mods you did. Michelin Pilot Street is a good tyre but how is Zapper Vyde compared to stock tyres? The question is since both are MRF tyres and stock tyres are said to be 'sticky compound' by MRF whereas vyde is mentioned as 'high performance compound' (read long life)
meph1st0 is offline  
post #17 of 19 Old 09-16-2016, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meph1st0 View Post
Hi Kinshuk,

Those are some useful mods you did. Michelin Pilot Street is a good tyre but how is Zapper Vyde compared to stock tyres? The question is since both are MRF tyres and stock tyres are said to be 'sticky compound' by MRF whereas vyde is mentioned as 'high performance compound' (read long life)
I found the Vyde to be much better than the stock zapper nylogrips. They are of a softer compound and you can even upsize the stock to 170 which also might be more helpful than the stock 150s.
mhr.manish likes this.

Pumba: Red Harley Street 750 2016
Timon: Orange Yamaha FZ16 2009
Optimus: Red Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD 2013
Atom: Red Tata Nano XTA 2016
Kinshuk Arya is offline  
post #18 of 19 Old 09-29-2016, 08:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinshuk Arya View Post
I found the Vyde to be much better than the stock zapper nylogrips. They are of a softer compound and you can even upsize the stock to 170 which also might be more helpful than the stock 150s.
Hi
Has anyone tried MRF vyde 170 on street 750 and if so what's the response
mhr.manish is offline  
post #19 of 19 Old 09-30-2016, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhr.manish View Post
Hi
Has anyone tried MRF vyde 170 on street 750 and if so what's the response
Hey manish,

I have been using Vyde 170 from the past 3-4 months.

Really good tyre.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Pumba: Red Harley Street 750 2016
Timon: Orange Yamaha FZ16 2009
Optimus: Red Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD 2013
Atom: Red Tata Nano XTA 2016
Kinshuk Arya is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soon to be owner of a Fire red HD Street 500 gdeleon New Members Introduction 4 03-16-2015 10:06 PM
Red Lights Vandalet New Rider Section 10 12-01-2014 12:11 PM
Red Line OldDawg Harley-Davidson Street General Discussion 3 08-13-2014 02:25 PM
Harley Davidson Street 750 Runs the Red Carpet at Captain America Premiere Testiphony Harley-Davidson Street Pictures 10 08-02-2014 01:01 PM
Will the Harley Street 500 or 750 be your first Harley? Yusef Harley-Davidson Street General Discussion 37 04-06-2014 03:24 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome