Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Test Ride

13K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  Desert Tortoise 
#1 ·
Guys just got a email from Mumbai dealer that test rides are going to start from 15th onwards. Looking forward to it. Did you all also got the same??

#5 ·
Below is the mail that I got.

Dear All,

We Would like to thanks for booking with us your Harley-Davidson Street 750 and appreciate your patience waiting for Test Ride. Now the Motorcycle will be available at Showroom for Test Ride from 15.03.14 onwards (11 a.m to 4 p.m). Please do call and confirm with your concerned Sales Consultant before coming for Test Ride.

Mandatory for Test Ride.

1. Carry your Original Two Wheeler Valid Driving License ( Learning license is not valid)
2. Need to Wear Denims & Closed Shoes.
3. We offer test rides between 11.00 am- 4.00 pm Monday to Saturday.

#6 ·
Bro , please check these out when you get your hand on the scoot -

In the display bike at kolkata , there was a clanking sound(like hammer hitting metal - a single note) comming from the engine every 5-10 secs. It was very unhealthy in nature and the dealer excused it as display bike issues. Please check if the test ride bike makes such a sound or not , for reference you can listen to my exhaust note vid and in the last 15 sec , one can hear the sound .

Also check if bike can be started in gear with clutch depressed(make sure side stand is retracted) .

#29 ·
It's no wheezer and it is a real Harley. Yes, the 60 degree sounds slightly different than a 45 degree v-twin but when I heard the sound from the Harley video I was very pleased. It's a healthy v-twin sound.

#30 ·
Harleys really need and respond well to a good set of after market pipes.

And yes they will all sound a bit different depending on your pipes and cams. My XR1200X with stock cam & Vance & Hines ss widow pipes sounds much different than the 103 motor in my Road Glide with 255 cams & Screaming Eagle slip ons. As-well my 103 motor in my Wide Glide with a high lift 259 cams and D&D Fat Cat two in to one full head back exhaust.

Don't forget to have it Dyno tuned by a good shop after your new exhaust pipes.

o~\o

#32 ·
nice thanks for sharing

the exhaust clips are coming along!

when is the first aftermarket exhaust going on? :D
How well developed do you think an exhaust is going to be if it is rushed to market mere months after the first bikes are made available to customers? Do you think it will be well tested or just something thrown together to get you to spend your money? Just asking .........

Akrapovic took over a year to develop their exhaust system for the V-Rod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.