18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 03-24-2014, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
MotoUSA First Ride & Review

MotoUSA first ride on an American Street 750. They also put it on a dyno test and got 52.89 horsepower at 7900 rpm and 39.36 lb-ft of torque at 6400 rpm, however, the torque curve was nearly flat from all the way through the rev range. Overall, they gave the Street a pretty good review. 2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 First Ride - Motorcycle USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-24-2014, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Santosh kumar
@Sherri ,thanks for the update
Very nice review ,it helps most of us back in India to close there eyes and put there money on this bike
I guess even for US production parts are been sourced from all around ,most from ?India ...
Since the reviewer mentioned pre-production model over again n again ,am not sure wether there's gonna be changes in final product ,and the poor wire management is evident if u look close even in this model...
So I wonder what seasoned bikers & wannabe bikers make of this review ,am very curious to know about everybody's input over this review...
Quote:
small query ,what does torque curve being flat all through the rev range suppose to mean ???
And lastly ,Braking ???
What can be done ,over hauling the brakes is it the only option as ABS is not even an option ???
How much does it cost to change to better braking option ???

Santosh

Last edited by Santosh kumar; 03-24-2014 at 02:33 PM.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-24-2014, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Another first RIDE review of the Street 750.

2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 | FIRST RIDE

THis one is by Motor Cyclist Online. Concerns are being raised about the build quality.
But Overall ita]s a Massive Thumbs Up !!!! Both the reviews Kinda made my day !!!

Last edited by mihirchandan; 03-24-2014 at 03:56 PM. Reason: missed info

post #4 of 14 Old 03-24-2014, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Interesting, thanks for the share Sherri!

Whats interesting is that according to the Street page on HD.com the 750 is pegged at 44.3 ft-lb @ 4000 RPM, but the moto usa dyno shows max torque coming significantly higher at 6,400 RPM. Although I do suppose because of how flat the torque curve is peak torque begins at 4000 and pulls to 7K before you see it tapering off...

but then CW went and got different dyno reads...

Last edited by Livin On; 03-24-2014 at 04:03 PM.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-24-2014, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Santosh kumar
Someone plz clarify my doubts ...
And @mihirchandan ,has given an interesting link of 750 review ,it mentions the difference in parts used like Showa suspension to name one
So it's a totally separate build for Indian market & US market that's really disappointing ,anyway hopefully the engine is same on all streets coz am putting my money on this bike only for performance & handling ...
post #6 of 14 Old 03-24-2014, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
I also noticed that Motorcyclist claims the fork and shocks are made by Showa. I have to wonder, in light of numerous mistakes I have seen in Motorcyclist magazine reviews of BMWs I have owned whether the author simply assumed those components came from Showa based on previous experience with Harleys or he actually looked for and found the name Showa stamped on the parts? Some of the "journalists" at Motocyclist are exceedingly sloppy and uninformed.
Santosh kumar likes this.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
post #7 of 14 Old 03-24-2014, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh kumar View Post

And lastly ,Braking ???
What can be done ,over hauling the brakes is it the only option as ABS is not even an option ???
How much does it cost to change to better braking option ???

Santosh
I would start by replacing that rubber brake hose with a braided stainless steel teflon lined brake hose (about $35 from the local hose shop I use) and replacing the stock brake pads with Galfer Green pads.

If you want more front brake I will bet money there will be three or four big brake kits for the bike in very short order from companies like Performance Machine.
Santosh kumar likes this.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
post #8 of 14 Old 03-24-2014, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Tortoise View Post
I would start by replacing that rubber brake hose with a braided stainless steel teflon lined brake hose (about $35 from the local hose shop I use) and replacing the stock brake pads with Galfer Green pads.

If you want more front brake I will bet money there will be three or four big brake kits for the bike in very short order from companies like Performance Machine.
Good to know that, looking forward to seeing that come to life and be on the street

post #9 of 14 Old 03-25-2014, 02:52 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihirchandan View Post
Another first RIDE review of the Street 750.

2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 | FIRST RIDE

THis one is by Motor Cyclist Online. Concerns are being raised about the build quality.
But Overall ita]s a Massive Thumbs Up !!!! Both the reviews Kinda made my day !!!
Really deliteted to read review and ai am little relaxed after reading it.. there is another review at cycle world website and that too is a nice review. peak power in dyno test reportes in cycle world is 58bhp

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Four wheels move the body... Two wheels move the soul...
post #10 of 14 Old 03-25-2014, 02:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Performance on paper looks top notch.

Btw those wondering about different in parts(shocks for example) , keep in mind the US version also costs 1000$ more . If the europe version is same as indian(except for tyres) , I guess that is fair .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page