how long until a Victory Rival? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 02-10-2014, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
how long until a Victory Rival?

There are companies who live through innovation and companies who live through others innovation. If Harley Davidson is the former than Victory is the latter.

Victory just launched the Gunner, which is a bobber style cruiser expected to compete hotly with Harley. Victory has long been pleased to copy tried and true harley formulas which inspires this thought.

How long if at all would you think until we see a Victory positioned at the low point of the market toface the HD Street 500 and 750 head on?

I mean the Price point of the Street 750 undercuts the closest Victory cruiser by about half.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 02-10-2014, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Maybe the Gunner will be their new entry level model to compete with the STreet

You never know.
post #3 of 26 Old 02-10-2014, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkystreet View Post
Maybe the Gunner will be their new entry level model to compete with the STreet

You never know.
i recently heard about the new victory gunner, not much info out or teasers, seen that one engine teaser picture.
when are they going to release more info and teasers?

post #4 of 26 Old 02-10-2014, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin On View Post
There are companies who live through innovation and companies who live through others innovation. If Harley Davidson is the former than Victory is the latter.

Victory just launched the Gunner, which is a bobber style cruiser expected to compete hotly with Harley. Victory has long been pleased to copy tried and true harley formulas which inspires this thought.

How long if at all would you think until we see a Victory positioned at the low point of the market toface the HD Street 500 and 750 head on?

I mean the Price point of the Street 750 undercuts the closest Victory cruiser by about half.
The first couple years, the "classic" Victorys were copies of HD, and ugly ones at that. However, when they started making the Vegas model, they strayed away from HD styling, and made a nice looking bike. Better looking than most HD big twin models (IMO).

The Gunner is another big bike with a big engine (106 ci), so I would not consider it to be competition with the Street, especially with a price starting at $13k.
I wish they would make a smaller (engine) bike, I might consider buying one. Maybe if the HD Street is a big hit.....
post #5 of 26 Old 02-11-2014, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
The first couple years, the "classic" Victorys were copies of HD, and ugly ones at that. However, when they started making the Vegas model, they strayed away from HD styling, and made a nice looking bike. Better looking than most HD big twin models (IMO).

The Gunner is another big bike with a big engine (106 ci), so I would not consider it to be competition with the Street, especially with a price starting at $13k.
I wish they would make a smaller (engine) bike, I might consider buying one. Maybe if the HD Street is a big hit.....
+1
post #6 of 26 Old 02-11-2014, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post

Absolutely. I mean the gunner is more an answer to the VROD if anything. My point with the OP was do you think Victory will move them selves down to the range of the Street 500 and 750, I mean its a genuine Harley that undercuts their entire lineup...
post #7 of 26 Old 02-11-2014, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
And looking at pricing of both i noticed the Gunner is nearly double the streets price. Which I have seen it at $6600 here.

post #8 of 26 Old 02-11-2014, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
I suspect the competition to the Street from Polaris will be badged as an Indian, perhaps are revival of the Scout.
Livin On likes this.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
post #9 of 26 Old 02-11-2014, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Victory Gunner

$13,000

Not exactly cheap
post #10 of 26 Old 02-11-2014, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Jaysus, this is NOT ABOUT THE GUNNER. The Gunner was an example to frame the question....

@Desert Tortoise I completely forgot Polaris has Indian as well. That not a bad thought either about the scout reincarnate.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page