Street 750 v Triumph Bonneville v Iron 883 - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 140 Old 04-18-2014, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Street 750 v Triumph Bonneville v Iron 883

Fellows how HD Street 750 compare with HD Iron and Triumph Bonneville .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 140 Old 04-18-2014, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Impression that I have been gathering from various reviews of Triumph Bonneville is that it is a very capable machine with Classic British looks! Engine also is thoroughly modern and is an eager handler. Also those Pseudo carburettor looks of fuel injection system look cool. It's all Metal and not Plastic and Triumph's Heritage make it sound good. What I heard about brakes is that they are very capable; better than any comparable Harley! I have put a request for test ride of Bonneville at Triumph Delhi on Triumph's India site but get a reply that the dealer is still not geared up for that and is in the process of putting up his shop. And would contact me when he is done up running his dealership properly.
Only grouse is I am based in Punjab,India and dealer is in Delhi so for maintainence work I will have to schedule a trip to the Capital or incur additional expenses and call them at my Premises. A dealership at Capital of Punjab i.e. Chandigarh would have been better as compared to Capital of India.
Well I guess it won't have heating problems being a Parallel Twin unlike Street 750 whose rear cylinder is placed too near rider's thighs and thus would help to preserve Potency of the riders especially in Summers!
post #3 of 140 Old 04-18-2014, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Santosh kumar
There's already a thread about street 750 vs iron 883 u can go through that n for the record u already know street is better in all aspects compared to 883 except for build quality...
Coming to truimph well it's costlier than street ,n it's totally a different bike than street 750 ,if u ask me Bonny is a better but than street 750 ,it's very reliable bike n it's tested n proven for decades ,it's better in every aspect ...
So it all again depends n what exactly ur looking for n how much ur willing to spend...
Puneet likes this.

post #4 of 140 Old 04-18-2014, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
agree with santosh here,
i have not ridden iron but i have tried the sportster version n didn't like it much. doesn't provide with you enough thrills.
bonny is a different bike compared to street and overall is a better bike i must say.
but if you are keen on the harley brand then street is the most suitable bike for indian climate and road conditions.
street 750 is bang for your buck.
with street 750 you are basically paying for that engine & brand name, and it delivers the performance.
Puneet likes this.

Love like no other Live like no other
post #5 of 140 Old 04-18-2014, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
there are probably 3 long threads comparing the street to the iron 883.

as for the bonneville.. dont know enough about it to compare.. but id imagine its going to cost more.
Puneet likes this.
post #6 of 140 Old 04-18-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
In USA base Bonne is $ 7900 just $ 400 more than Street 750. In India Bonne is Rs 570000 I guess as compared to Rs 410000 for Street 750; Iron 883 is more expensive both in India and States.
post #7 of 140 Old 04-19-2014, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Puneet,

I have not ridden an iron883 as I was not interested. But I have taken back to back test rides on Street 750 and Triumph Bonneville.
If you ride a bullet you will at home in Bonneville. Handlebar position, feet position is very identical. There is a lot of power but in a very controlled and smooth manner. Ride is very smooth and easily maneuverable.
Power wise I felt both are similar though the Street felt more powerful. Also I liked the street suspension more (its ability to go on speed breakers and broken tar roads). Bonneville has better tyres (Metzeler I think) and definitely better brakes and longer seat.But then it is 2 lakh costlier and using this extra money I can buy all the accessories I want for street 750 :-)
Puneet likes this.
post #8 of 140 Old 04-19-2014, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Bonnies have always been more agile and better handling bikes that Sportsters. The Iron actually reduces the capabilities of the Sportster compared to some of the earlier models because it is lowered, meaning less suspension travel, harsher ride and even less cornering clearance. A standard 2004 Sportster (first year for the rubber mounted version) is a better bike in every practical way, but it doesn't look as cool I guess. Ergo the Iron. A Bonnie will run rings around any Sportster in terms of handling and braking except maybe the now defunct XR-1200 and offers more rider comfort. The perverse thing is that customers for these bikes so often shop more for image than for how well the bike actually functions and they seem willing to give up ride comfort and overall function for the sake of how they look. I don't get it.
meph1st0 and Puneet like this.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
post #9 of 140 Old 04-19-2014, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Desert tortoise, I agree with you. I am not too much into chrome, looks, etc. I had set my eyes on bonneville as it is such a beautiful allround bike with diminitive looks which is what I love. But test ride of street 750 changed everything for me. Only problem is I was given a waiting period of 6 months
Puneet likes this.
post #10 of 140 Old 04-19-2014, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
This is piss-poor marketing on Harley's part to have customers waiting for bikes they want to buy now. Customers will rightly tell Harley to eff off and go buy something else if Harley can't cough up motorcycles to buy, then the marketing idiots at Harley will say, "well, it wasn't the bike our customers want, crank up the production of slammed airhead twins boys". Part of the company has vision but the other part has their heads stuck so far up their rectums they will get whiplash if they ever pull them out.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.