• 1 Post By avin20014

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-13-2016, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Street 750 to rough terrain

Has anyone or know anyone who has taken trip with street 750 to ladakh. just wanna know about it before i start planning on it. plz share ur thoughts and if u hv made ur trip then plese do share ur experience or experience of the person u know who has taken the trip.
Vicks likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-13-2016, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Philippine side streets are loaded with pot holes and speed bumps which my 750 handles decently without needing to stand up on the pegs. but i have yet to try riding the 750 on a true unpaved trail that adventure bikes would feel at home on

2008 VRSCDA, locked in storage
2015 XG750 made in India
both Vivid Black
Honda Wave125 daily scooter
post #3 of 7 Old 01-14-2016, 03:42 AM

Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
hey avin20014

I m having the same question, i been to ladakh starting from Chandigarh via manali side and return to Chandigarh via kargil, Drass, srinagar, jammu route on my royal engield standard 2004 model. want to update you that, from manali side its really very tough even on enfield as you have to cross many nullahs (Small water channels), some of them are knee deep and there are small and big loose stones under water. From Srinagar side its a black metallic road, there is one pass jozila, which is bit tough in rains as theres mudd all over, but thaTS managable.

But i am not sure about the acclimatization of Harley on such a high altitude.

when we reached Manali from chandigarh, first we get our bikes checked and adjusted accordingly for tough terrains, waters, dust, and altitude. (adjustments are of : air fuel ratio (very important, this give bike more to breathe as high altitude, chain tight, shockers adjustments (if with heavy loads).

post #4 of 7 Old 01-14-2016, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
hey avin20014

I m having the same question, i been to ladakh starting from Chandigarh via manali side and return to Chandigarh via kargil, Drass, srinagar, jammu route on my royal engield standard 2004 model. want to update you that, from manali side its really very tough even on enfield as you have to cross many nullahs (Small water channels), some of them are knee deep and there are small and big loose stones under water. From Srinagar side its a black metallic road, there is one pass jozila, which is bit tough in rains as theres mudd all over, but thaTS managable.

But i am not sure about the acclimatization of Harley on such a high altitude.

when we reached Manali from chandigarh, first we get our bikes checked and adjusted accordingly for tough terrains, waters, dust, and altitude. (adjustments are of : air fuel ratio (very important, this give bike more to breathe as high altitude, chain tight, shockers adjustments (if with heavy loads).

Hey vicks thanks. When we look the ground clearance street 750 has it more than any model of enfileds but about the adjustment of air fuel ratio is smthing i heard for first time. However i hv also heard that there are some fuel system upgrade packs, if u install then street adjust air fuel ration in auto to give optimum efficinecy but i hv also some saying that stock one without any use upgrade also does that. But It seems street is big gamble if u take it up there. If there is breakdown then im not sure any nearby mechanic can help and if u r back without any breakdown then dont know how many battel mark it will wear on it. I think hv to the idea on hold for few years and wait.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-15-2016, 05:19 AM

Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
yeah..adding fuel pack can solve the problem for sure, but risk factor is there to ride street there.if i plan my tour to ladakh, will go from Srinagar side. lets plan in the coming season..

Cheers!!
post #6 of 7 Old 01-29-2016, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did hear about a guy who took his Street 750 to Laddakh. Bengal Harley might know his name. I went for test ride and I popped the same question.

IMO, upgrading to a 19-inch front and a 17-inch rear should resolve any remaining issue with GC. Need to know if the Iron 883 ones are a direct fit.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-08-2016, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ersanjeev84 Send a message via Skype™ to ersanjeev84
i do agree with Vicks, done Leh in 2010 & found Manali Side is really tough,
Recently took 750 to Ooty from Banaglore, even for small speedbraker it hits froom Bottom,

Based on current riding exp (3100+km in a month) i would not suggest anyone to do Himalaya,

& Avg is hardly 20 on highway, on Manali-Leh we can expect only 10-15, from Tandi (Last Pump) Leh is 365 kms, without back up van its quite struggling to done it,

"THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH IN THIS WORLD"

LIVE FREE RIDE SAFE