10% increase in ex-showroom from april - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 03-10-2014, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
10% increase in ex-showroom from april

As per team-bhp (very credible source) , kochi dealer confirmed all Harley davidson bikes will face a 10% rate hike from the month of april. The person didnt specifically ask about street but but all existing models are affected. 10% equates to about 41k in case of street , at the same time it is barely 10 days old so a price hike so soon should not happen. Still prospective buyers , better be safe than sorry and follow up with your regional dealers. I will update this thread tomorrow after calling 2-3 dealers to be on safe side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 03-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Wow! Already? If this is true I guess the guys over there should start make up their minds soon with the price increase it might turn some potential buyers off.

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.
post #3 of 28 Old 03-10-2014, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Any idea if the harley line-up at the states is also facing a hike ? 10% is no joke to be honest. I don't expect street to be affected but it will be a bitch move if they raise price before they can offer test ride. And I think it will most definitely turn me off. Fingers crossed.

post #4 of 28 Old 03-10-2014, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Any idea if the harley line-up at the states is also facing a hike ? 10% is no joke to be honest. I don't expect street to be affected but it will be a bitch move if they raise price before they can offer test ride. And I think it will most definitely turn me off. Fingers crossed.
could this have anything to do with the changes to Indian tariffs? I do remember reading a couple weeks back that several imported models, or models using imported parts were going to see a 10% reduction, but the article also mentioned that it was at the whim of the current government and things could be subject to change and fast.

Keep in mind I'm not on the ground in India, nor at all familiar with their tariffs, Just something I remember reading through not to long ago...
post #5 of 28 Old 03-10-2014, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Santosh kumar
Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
As per team-bhp (very credible source) , kochi dealer confirmed all Harley davidson bikes will face a 10% rate hike from the month of april. The person didnt specifically ask about street but but all existing models are affected. 10% equates to about 41k in case of street
Hmmm if they hike up on street ,am gonna drop plans of buying it ,will see prizes of other bikes how the fare and upgrade my ride...
Firstly ,we are kept in dark ,when it comes to performance of the bike ,not offering test rides...
Now we are getting slapped with ? 10% hike in ex showroom prices ???
post #6 of 28 Old 03-10-2014, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin On View Post
could this have anything to do with the changes to Indian tariffs? I do remember reading a couple weeks back that several imported models, or models using imported parts were going to see a 10% reduction, but the article also mentioned that it was at the whim of the current government and things could be subject to change and fast.

Keep in mind I'm not on the ground in India, nor at all familiar with their tariffs, Just something I remember reading through not to long ago...
yes some tax revisition a month back resulted in a price cut but the outcome was around 7k for example in iron 883's case. The 10% hike means iron will cost now 70k more !!! As far as I know this is not tax/gvt. related but harley themselves increasing price. Surprising really as they are already overpriced here.

I will update thread tomorrow if street is affected.
@Santosh kumar
what other option are you considering ? for me there exists none other than this. Below 2 lakhs one has many options but they dont appeal to me(this being a luxury purchase) , over 6 lakhs one again has many options with boneville being my fav but I cant afford that. My budget allows me street , ninja 300 and some hysoung models. I dont like sportsbike so that leaves me with street or bust. :/ Stupid market really - more options in 20lakhs range than 3-5 lakhs lol.
Rickster likes this.

Last edited by basuroy; 03-10-2014 at 05:46 PM.
post #7 of 28 Old 03-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
There are no price increases coming from Harley so the cost increase has to be driven by tariffs. Perhaps the best way to tell is if there is an across the board increase because that would never come from a manufacturer. Additionally Harley Davidson is making lots of profits and a 10% increase even in a single model would be a very high increase that is basically unprecedented.

Always remember that for every mile of highway there are two miles of ditches.
post #8 of 28 Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Garage
If it is not just rumors, do you suppose it could be supply and demand? While I am sure that corporate HD is not raising the price, that doesn't mean your local dealers aren't. I can remember several years ago hearing that you couldn't buy a new Harley bike at MSRP. It was always MSRP plus whatever the dealer (stealer) added, and a waiting period of a year or so to get a bike.
I remember in 2005, Ford came out with the new 2 seat "retro" Thunderbird car. They MSRP'd at $42k, but were marked up to $52k on the showroom floor.
post #9 of 28 Old 03-11-2014, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
This is pure politics, First attract customers with 4.1 lacs and then impose on them 10% hike. Highly disappointing
Rickster likes this.

Four wheels move the body... Two wheels move the soul...
post #10 of 28 Old 03-11-2014, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_sahdev View Post
This is pure politics, First attract customers with 4.1 lacs and then impose on them 10% hike. Highly disappointing
Smart move on their end, they know people want these and charging more for it is something some people wouldn't mind, they just want.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page