Eastern HOG Ride (EHR) in India - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

4Likes
  • 2 Post By bmoothedan
  • 1 Post By bmoothedan
  • 1 Post By bmoothedan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 12-01-2014, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to bmoothedan
(Thread Starter)
Eastern HOG Ride (EHR) in India

I've signed up for it. We are 4 Street owners who are riding 1150 kms (719 miles) one way from Pune to Khajuraho. The plan is to leave Pune a day earlier at 4:30 AM and halt in Bhopal (800 kms) for the evening/night. Next day set off for Khajuraho which is approximately 6 hours from Bhopal. On the way back, the plan is to ride straight back to Pune without halting since by then I would be more faimilar with the roads.

I know of a group from Mumbai who's travelling to Khajuraho for the EHR. Anyone else from this forum?

Do look for Binu Jose from Pune (9922107913). Would love to meet up with the forum members and exchange ride, customization and other info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoothedan View Post
I've signed up for it. We are 4 Street owners who are riding 1150 kms (719 miles) one way from Pune to Khajuraho. The plan is to leave Pune a day earlier at 4:30 AM and halt in Bhopal (800 kms) for the evening/night. Next day set off for Khajuraho which is approximately 6 hours from Bhopal. On the way back, the plan is to ride straight back to Pune without halting since by then I would be more faimilar with the roads.

I know of a group from Mumbai who's travelling to Khajuraho for the EHR. Anyone else from this forum?

Do look for Binu Jose from Pune (9922107913). Would love to meet up with the forum members and exchange ride, customization and other info.
I know you will have some great pictures to share.

I am the Beauty of "Beauty and the Beast"
post #3 of 10 Old 12-01-2014, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Lots of petrol stops, lol.

post #4 of 10 Old 12-01-2014, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
Lots of petrol stops, lol.
You bet! I did a calculation and it's going to cost us around Rs. 7500-8000 ($125 - $135) for petrol alone. but I'm all for it. I don't know when I will get a chance to go on such a long ride again. I've had a tough time convincing the wife to let me go . She is worried but a sport.

More than being present at the venue and meeting up with other Harley owners, I am looking forward to the long ride.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-01-2014, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty and the Beast View Post
I know you will have some great pictures to share.
Absolutely!
post #6 of 10 Old 12-02-2014, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:

Great going Binu! Have a great and a safe trip. I am also trying to make a long trip, but have not been able to getting round to planing it yet. Will do so soon.
Please do post pictures. Looking forward to hearing of your experience and the adventure.
post #7 of 10 Old 12-03-2014, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYEDEE View Post
Great going Binu! Have a great and a safe trip. I am also trying to make a long trip, but have not been able to getting round to planing it yet. Will do so soon.
Please do post pictures. Looking forward to hearing of your experience and the adventure.
Thank you @AYEDEE. I will surely post a lot of pictures and also share my experience.
AYEDEE likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 12-11-2014, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
3 of us from Pune (Lt. Shailendra, Kalidas and I) and 1 from Bijapur (Aditya), all Street 750 owners started from Nashik phata, Pune 30 minutes after the scheduled time which was 4:00 AM on the 4th of December (Day 1). Kalidas and I were the senior riders in this group. Both of us had Scala rider g9 units which we paired. So he was the leader while I was the sweeper. Shailendra who had never ridden in a group before was #2 and Aditya from Bijapur who had already ridden 350 kms (200 miles) the previous day was #3 . He too had never ridden in a group before. We travelled to Bhopal in the state of MP - a distance of 850 kms from Pune and got there by 8:00 PM. The only stops were fuel stops, snack breaks and bio-breaks.

The next morning (Day 2) we left Bhopal at 7:00 AM and reached our destination Khajuraho (350 kms from Bhopal) at 4:00 PM.

The return journey began on Day 4 (7th December) at 5:00 AM and we halted for the night at Dhule, Maharashtra which was 900 kms from Khajuraho at 9:30 PM. Again, stops were only for fuel and snacks. On Day 5, we had to split the group since Kalidas was not upto riding early in the morning. Aditya and I left Dhule at 5:30 AM and got to Pune by 12:15 PM. This leg of the journey (the last leg) was the worst with single lane unruly traffic from Nashik to Pune.

I was home by 1:15 PM and back at the office at 2:00 PM. In all I had done 2400+ kms (1500+ miles) in 5 days. It was a gruelling task but thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. Not sure when I will be able to go on such an adventure again.

There are far too many photos to link to a post here. So I'm just posting a link to the story created by Google when you upload photos that are geotagged.

Binu's eastern HOG ride story with photos
PatLav likes this.
post #9 of 10 Old 12-11-2014, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
3 of us from Pune (Lt. Shailendra, Kalidas and I) and 1 from Bijapur (Aditya), all Street 750 owners started from Nashik phata, Pune 30 minutes after the scheduled time which was 4:00 AM on the 4th of December (Day 1). Kalidas and I were the senior riders in this group. Both of us had Scala rider g9 units which we paired. So he was the leader while I was the sweeper. Shailendra who had never ridden in a group before was #2 and Aditya from Bijapur who had already ridden 350 kms (200 miles) the previous day was #3 . He too had never ridden in a group before. We travelled to Bhopal in the state of MP - a distance of 850 kms from Pune and got there by 8:00 PM. The only stops were fuel stops, snack breaks and bio-breaks.

The next morning (Day 2) we left Bhopal at 7:00 AM and reached our destination Khajuraho (350 kms from Bhopal) at 4:00 PM.

The return journey began on Day 4 (7th December) at 5:00 AM and we halted for the night at Dhule, Maharashtra which was 900 kms from Khajuraho at 9:30 PM. Again, stops were only for fuel and snacks. On Day 5, we had to split the group since Kalidas was not upto riding early in the morning. Aditya and I left Dhule at 5:30 AM and got to Pune by 12:15 PM. This leg of the journey (the last leg) was the worst with single lane unruly traffic from Nashik to Pune.

I was home by 1:15 PM and back at the office at 2:00 PM. In all I had done 2400+ kms (1500+ miles) in 5 days. It was a gruelling task but thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. Not sure when I will be able to go on such an adventure again.

There are far too many photos to link to a post here. So I'm just posting a link to the story created by Google when you upload photos that are geotagged.

Binu's eastern HOG ride story with photos

Thanks for sharing.

Question, when you purchase your bike, did you get the free HOG membership for a year? The reason I ask is if you did, you can go on the HOG ownership and print out the Mileage Program. To get started, take your bike to an authorized H-D® dealership. The dealer will validate your starting mileage and endorse your enrollment form. Send it to H.O.G., and you’re ready to start racking up miles. and you get pins and patches when you reach milestones, just want to mention this because you are racking up the miles.

I am the Beauty of "Beauty and the Beast"
post #10 of 10 Old 12-11-2014, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes I got the free HOG membership for the year and the pin. Thanks for the info. Waiting to complete 10k kilometers and then the HOG chapter here in Pune will give me my 10k badge. I've done 6k kilometers in the 4 months that I've had my bike. I got my EHR badge too. I need to get them stitched on a leather vest or jacket now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page