Insurance Companies - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750

1 2 3 4  ... Last
Insurance Chatter > Insurance Companies
StoneFree's Avatar StoneFree 08:36 AM 11-03-2014

Choose your action:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwabbii View Post
What are you paying per month? I don't like switching companies but maybe I just need to shop around...

In many, many years of riding I've never had motorcycle insurance that I could pay for monthly. It's always been an annual premium because the cost has never exceeded $300/yr ever. As I mentioned I believe my current policy is about $250/yr and I pay it all at once as an annual premium (which is why I don't recall exactly what it is because I renewed it last February - LOL). Perhaps they offer monthly premiums and I just never asked about it.

Schwabbii's Avatar Schwabbii 11:08 PM 11-19-2014

Choose your action:

Finally switched over to progressive and it was just over $400 for the year. Still semi expensive but at least its cheaper then all-state.
CruIsRAD 12:52 PM 11-20-2014

Choose your action:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwabbii View Post
Finally switched over to progressive and it was just over $400 for the year. Still semi expensive but at least its cheaper then all-state.
That does sound expensive...I was quoted 250/year in Washington State from Progressive, but I could have got even less if I reduced some coverage.

Does your state require you to have insurance on a motorcycle? I wonder if that factors into the cost?

Schwabbii's Avatar Schwabbii 12:17 PM 11-23-2014

Choose your action:

Part of the higher cost is the fact that I live next to the border of Mexico, so I almost have to pay for underinsured motorist coverage. Otherwise it would of probably been in the 250-300 range. It's still a lot better then the 600 for 6 months that State Farm was going to charge! What a rip off...
Solo750owner's Avatar Solo750owner 06:50 PM 11-26-2014

Choose your action:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFree View Post
Harley-Davidson offers insurance through Progressive and if I recall correctly the cost is about $250/yr. Go to the H-D website and get a quote.

Motorcycle Insurance | Harley-Davidson USA
I'm with Progressive and my 750 was $329 dollars and I'm 55 years old. That was in addition to my $169 I paid for my Savage. That is almost as much as my Auto Insurance. I had to pay for gap insurance on the no money down loan. No complaints yet.
CruIsRAD 07:05 PM 11-26-2014

Choose your action:

I got out the door for $237, but I also have 2 autos and a home owners policy with Progressive.
MGG 04:57 PM 02-23-2015

Choose your action:

Wow I may need to check with progressive. My is with farmers who goes through Foremost for the cycle insurance I pay 43 per month. I'm 60 years old.

Which is 516 per year.

I have full coverage/ under-insured/ un-insured and because it is under my umbrella policy I have to carry a high personal liability.

Think I will talk to progressive through HD.
QCDragon's Avatar QCDragon 06:08 PM 05-07-2015

Choose your action:

I've been with State Farm since I was 16 -- I am now 45.
I insure EVERYTHING through them...

100/300/100 Limits
$100/$500 Deductible

$211.87 / year or $17.66 per month
I live in Nowhere, Oregon...
Solo750owner's Avatar Solo750owner 12:39 AM 06-02-2015

Choose your action:

Not so sure about Progressive Insurance
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

I just received my renewal from Progressive and I have two motorcycles I have coverage for; a 2004 Suzuki LS650 (Minimum coverage) and My Street 750. My yearly coverage if I pay it in full is $612.00 and if I choose to make a three payment option it is $735.00. I'm 55 years old and I have completed a Safety riders course that is suppose to give me a discount. Also I can only operate my motorcycle 6 months out of the year due to weather do to freezing temps and snow. I don't pay this much a year for my two (old) 02 and 04 Ford Escapes I own with one only with minimum coverage a year in two payments totaling $644.00. I have a clean driving record and no claims filed. Its time to have a conversation with my Insurance agent.
CO WanderZest's Avatar CO WanderZest 01:11 AM 06-02-2015

Choose your action:

I am also 55+ and my premium in the Denver Metro area is $238.32 for a year added to an account with 3 vehicles on it. ($19.86 per month).
Oh, and yep, that's with State Farm.
1 2 3 4  ... Last

Reply Up