Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

New owners in the UK

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  ycbrewster 
#1 ·
Hi. I work for MCN and this year have the pleasure of riding the Street 750 as a long term test bike.I'm keen to get in touch with any riders in the UK who have the same model of bike, to discuss how you're finding your bikes and if there are any issues to look out for. Please feel free to email me on alison.silcox@motorcyclenews.com.

#6 ·
Loved MCN in the 70s when it looked like a broad sheet newspaper and was infinitely more entertaining than text books. Hope you like the 750 (I have a 2015 model) and welcome. MCN used to be a bit "anti- Harley" if I recall, so will be interesting to see what you think of it.

#7 ·
Hey Ali,

I`m riding the 2016 Street 750. Purchased in December from Robin Hood Nottingham.
Added a few upgrades starting with the mirrors as the factory mirrors were just awful can`t believe Harley actually fitted them.
Tribal mirrors from H-D which are very good and look great
V & H slip on exhaust. She sounds gorgeous.
Rear luggage rack
Pannier rails
sissy bar and passenger back rest.
Dumped the Harley Saddle bags which were fitted with the pannier rails and added some nice Oxide black leather throw overs. Ironically it was cheaper to buy the bag kit and dump the bags then purchase the parts with out the bags.
She is starting to look a bit more grown up now lol.
Having been out of the saddle for 28 Years I guess I am part of the demographic Harley were looking for, All and all I love her, great fun and really great handling up to about 65 MPH.

Before purchasing I did consider the Kawasaki Vulcan 2 and the Triumph Bonneville 5 years old for the same money as I paid for my Street 750. also looked at the the new Enfield classic 500 but Harley Triumphed.

Will be posting some pics soon.

Gaz

#9 ·
Hi. I work for MCN and this year have the pleasure of riding the Street 750 as a long term test bike.I'm keen to get in touch with any riders in the UK who have the same model of bike, to discuss how you're finding your bikes and if there are any issues to look out for. Please feel free to email me on alison.silcox@motorcyclenews.com.

Hi Ali,

I have a 2016 XG750 and have found the following issues:

The mirrors are an absolute disgrace, and all Street riders should get new mirrors for free, you can't se anything apart from elbows and shoulders:)
I am commuting 70-80 miles to and from work and by the end of the ride your bum really hurts, the seat is not very good in my opinion.

The 90 degree angle on your legs is causing me a whole heap of troubles on my knees, I am not the youngest rider around which doesn't help either.

Up to 65MPH it is really good, but over that it gets very loose on the rear, and sensitive to wind. Could be my weight that is part of the issue but I am working on that.
I bought an extension for the mirrors which helped, but will have to get other mirrors I think.

I am going to replace the seat with a Corbin, or maybe even take the existing seat to a guy I know that does seats, would like to have it 2" taller and 2-4" further back.

I am just about to order Forward controls, to get rid of the 90 degree angle on my legs.

Cheers
Mike

#11 ·
Hey Ali,

I`m riding the 2016 Street 750. Purchased in December from Robin Hood Nottingham.
Added a few upgrades starting with the mirrors as the factory mirrors were just awful can`t believe Harley actually fitted them.
Tribal mirrors from H-D which are very good and look great
V & H slip on exhaust. She sounds gorgeous.
Rear luggage rack
Pannier rails
sissy bar and passenger back rest.
Dumped the Harley Saddle bags which were fitted with the pannier rails and added some nice Oxide black leather throw overs. Ironically it was cheaper to buy the bag kit and dump the bags then purchase the parts with out the bags.
She is starting to look a bit more grown up now lol.
Having been out of the saddle for 28 Years I guess I am part of the demographic Harley were looking for, All and all I love her, great fun and really great handling up to about 65 MPH.

Before purchasing I did consider the Kawasaki Vulcan 2 and the Triumph Bonneville 5 years old for the same money as I paid for my Street 750. also looked at the the new Enfield classic 500 but Harley Triumphed.

Will be posting some pics soon.

Gaz

Hi Thanks for your replies. Would you be happy for me to contact you further about your bikes for possible inclusion in a forhcoming feature? If you are would you mind emailing me at alison.silcox@motorcyclenews.com? Thanks for taking the time to read my post and reply, much appreciated. Ali

#12 ·

Hi AliS

I'm picking up mine in the next couple of weeks, I'll post my opinion as it will be my first experience of a Harley and let you know my thoughts

Diane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.