User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-28-2016, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New rider and new owner

I just purchased a new 2016 Street 750 three weeks ago. Other than occasionally riding small 75/80cc dirt bikes as a kid, I had zero experience on a bike. I'm also only 5'7" tall with a 29" inseam so even though most Harley's have a low seat height the width made it difficult for me to reach the ground. The only two that felt comfortable was the Street750 and the Iron883. I chose the Street because most of my riding will be commutes to work and the salesman said it had better performance and was less money. I'm happy with my choice and can't seem to get off it. I've had it 3 weeks and have racked up 1836 miles. It came off the dealer floor with the Screamin' Eagle Nightstick exhaust but otherwise it's completely stock. I think when I do my 5k service, I may see about doing the Stage 1 mod. I don't see myself going much beyond that with performance mods for my first bike. I do think I want to replace the stock bars with some drag bars and possibly a Memphis Shades Gauntlet or Cafe fairing. I like the look the of the stock fairing but it's not big enough to do much. Not that they are much bigger but they look like they would add to the aesthetics and have some usefulness with air deflection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-28-2016, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome aboard, I too use my 2015 Street 750 to commute to work. In just a month and 2 years of ownership I have racked up over 18 thousand miles. I'm also 5'7" with a 30 inch inseam and this bike fits me well. I took off the fairing and went with the HD windshield. I have a firebrand loose cannon slip on with a the dq baffle. No stage 1. All stock. I switched the stock air intake filter and went with a K&N reusable one. I'm seriously considering an FP3 in the future so the bike runs smoother at lower speeds in second and third gear. The current project I'm slowly working on is installing a 12 inch mini ape handlebar.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-28-2016, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome from W. MN.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page