LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-20-2016, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hi From Hong Kong

Hi,

My names Seb and I am originally from the Isle of Man. Spent the last year or so living in Hong Kong.

Always had sports bikes being from the IOM but as Hong Kong has speed limits and a lot more traffic i looked for something a little more relaxing and found the Street 750. Mines a US import (the dealers bikes here are Indian made) and already upgraded V&H exhaust, air intake and FP3 fuel chip. Its sounds so bad ass with the baffle removed and i love riding it. Will beat most sports bikes off the line and if i want to have a bit of a play on the twisty stuff the bike is happy for a bit of punishment.

Next step is to upgrade wheels to 19" front and 17" rear and replace the not so great tyres that came with the bike. I love the look of the ones Chris Chappel does (looks like push bike spokes) so will need to see what shipping is like! Also change the stock handle bars and brake lines/cylinder as the brakes are rubbish. I like the look of the brembo's but i can get a more cost effective performance from the cheaper braided hoses etc.

I just need to decide what to do with the rear of the bike, I like having the pillion seat but i've seen a picture of a single spring saddle and rear fender that just looked awesome! Decisions decisions!

I have no doubt i will change my mind on parts/ideas but thats me!

Kind regards

Seb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Harley pic.jpg (157.7 KB, 17 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-20-2016, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
welcome !

similar situation for me, i am in Philippines where my bike of choice, a V-Rod, isn't as practical (or as cheap) as Street750 to ride in Philippine traffic and rainy weather. had the Street for a year now, only 2240kms (compared to my V-Rod in the USA, i did 1000miles in just a month, had 12,000ish miles by the time i put her in storage April 2015) but, an excuse is that i commute using a 125cc Honda scooter as my true daily rider -- the Street is used when i ride the expressway where under-400cc engined vehicles are not allowed

with the exception of adding bags, i like to keep my bikes stock until parts break/wear out and then replace those with the cool stuff

2008 VRSCDA, locked in storage
2015 XG750 made in India
both Vivid Black
Honda Wave125 daily scooter

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page