• 1 Post By twinbratz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-25-2016, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello everyone

Finally broke down and bought a Harley. I have been a sport bike rider most of my adult life. Now that i'm old and have developed knee problems it was time to buy a more sane ride that didn't keep my knees tucked around my ears. I tried a lot of light weight cruisers and the XG750 was probably the most comfortable and fun ride that I came across. The seating position doesn't have my knees screaming PAIN.
I was always afraid to buy a Harley. It seemed to be the bike that you saw broken down on the side of the road. After speaking with my buddy who collects Harleys and a local Harley mechanic they convinced me that the newer fuel injected models are really reliable. Wouldn't you know it. Mine broke down on the way from the dealership at the 90 mile mark. Called the dealer and he said check the battery cables. Of course it would turn out to be the negative one hidden away nicely. Got it fixed on the road and continued on my merry way until the 110 mile mark where the Lag and Leap started and just about threw me because it was sooo violent and in a corner. And that is how I found this forum. I'm happy to hear that there is a fix for this problem and thank you all for the postings on this issue. This is truely a fun lightweight bike to ride and not just for beginners. I've been in the saddle for 40 years.
BodybagJonny likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-25-2016, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
though it seems obvious that the XG series is for beginning riders as H-D uses the 500 for its Basic Riding Course, it's nice to know that seasoned riders choose the Street undeterred that it is a smaller H-D bike.

while my first time on a motorcycle was 30 years ago, i'd say only 9 of those years were actually on a true motorcycle. i primarily rode a 50cc scooter throughout the 1990s and even today i daily ride my 125cc scooter. my first big bike is a 2008 v-rod which can keep up with most sport bikes yet not look silly when fitted with saddle bags. had to move to Philippines last year, so the v-rod is in storage and i got 750 primarily because it was the cheapest new bike at the local H-D dealership. except the stock mirrors, no major problems with it so far other than not riding it so much, only 1400 miles over the last year.

welcome to forum

2008 VRSCDA, locked in storage
2015 XG750 made in India
both Vivid Black
Honda Wave125 daily scooter

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page