User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New and looking

Hi, folks. I just joined the forum, have been looking around for a couple of weeks and decided to go ahead so I can see everything. I'm currently motorcycle-less, looking for a new one and haven't quite made the decision to go ahead and buy. Or, to put it another way, the boss hasn't decided whether I can or not. I've been on bikes since I was a teenager, had many and can't even remember them all. The last 2 were a 2007 Nightster that was ruined by Hurricane Ike, and a 2012 Honda NC700X. The Nightster was beautiful but not enough leg room for me. The Honda was a great idea, but after spending a year and several thousand bucks to get it right, I finally got the message that it would never be right, or comfortable. I hated it by the time some other sucker bought it. Now I'm looking for a mid-size bike just for the fun or riding again, running errands, trips to the doctor, that kind of stuff, and the Street 750 seems like it might be the one. I'm average size at 5'9", 170 pounds, 32" inseam and sleeve, and hoping the Street will fit. There has to be someone about my size, so I'd love to hear how it fits you. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing everything on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Bike fits me

I am 5'9" 172 pounds this am. 30 inch inseam. My street 750 fits me perfectly. But...I expect everyone is different. I did have to readjust the mirrors to get them up as high as possible. I suggest you sit on one at the dealership. When I sat on it, I was sold. The size and weight makes the bike feel tossable and yet also stable.
Good luck
post #3 of 8 Old 11-29-2016, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Hi, folks. I just joined the forum, have been looking around for a couple of weeks and decided to go ahead so I can see everything. I'm currently motorcycle-less, looking for a new one and haven't quite made the decision to go ahead and buy. Or, to put it another way, the boss hasn't decided whether I can or not. I've been on bikes since I was a teenager, had many and can't even remember them all. The last 2 were a 2007 Nightster that was ruined by Hurricane Ike, and a 2012 Honda NC700X. The Nightster was beautiful but not enough leg room for me. The Honda was a great idea, but after spending a year and several thousand bucks to get it right, I finally got the message that it would never be right, or comfortable. I hated it by the time some other sucker bought it. Now I'm looking for a mid-size bike just for the fun or riding again, running errands, trips to the doctor, that kind of stuff, and the Street 750 seems like it might be the one. I'm average size at 5'9", 170 pounds, 32" inseam and sleeve, and hoping the Street will fit. There has to be someone about my size, so I'd love to hear how it fits you. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing everything on this forum.
I am about 5'8", 200+ pounds. About a 31" inseam. I have come to realize that the bike is probably a bit small for me after riding it for the last year. My legs are just a bit cramped on longer rides (100 miles or so). For getting to work and shooting around town it is fine though. I am going to try getting an after market high boy seat before the next season to give my legs a little more room.

I did have to buy different mirrors because the original ones only gave me nothing but a nice view of my shoulders. I went with the tribal mirrors and those are working out great. Others have gone with extensions and the factory mirrors. So just know going in that the mirrors suck and you will have to upgrade those one way or another.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-01-2016, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the responses. Here's another thing that interests me, and I hope someone on here has insight. I'm been looking at the Street 750 on ebay and Cycle Trader, and have seen many with less than 1K miles on them. They don't seem to be beat like those used in the rider training program, just really low mileage. Any ideas why? Dealer demos? New buyer remorse?

I'm not entirely sold on the Street. Still have to ride one, and probably won't have a chance for another week or two. There always seems to be something in the way when I want to go see one.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-01-2016, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Garage
Our local dealer as two used XG750's for sale, one 2015 the other 2016, but for the same price which does not make sense as there is not much differences in mileage.

Only when you hop onto the Street and realise that it is different, but in a good way, will you be ready to sign on the dotted line.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #6 of 8 Old 12-02-2016, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Thanks for the responses. Here's another thing that interests me, and I hope someone on here has insight. I'm been looking at the Street 750 on ebay and Cycle Trader, and have seen many with less than 1K miles on them. They don't seem to be beat like those used in the rider training program, just really low mileage. Any ideas why? Dealer demos? New buyer remorse?

I'm not entirely sold on the Street. Still have to ride one, and probably won't have a chance for another week or two. There always seems to be something in the way when I want to go see one.
These are entry level bikes for HD. I think you are seeing two things. One group of buyer that gets their first bike and just decide they don't want to ride after all. The other group of buyer that gets the bike, and quickly realizes that they want something bigger. I have seen quite a few people post that they very quickly upgrade to a larger Harley after buying a Street.

For me, the bike has plenty of power. I wish it had a better seat, and I had a bit more leg room. Other than that I can't really complain. I expect to have it for at least one more year, though I will probably look to upgrade after that.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-02-2016, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
stock seat gives me a butt ache if i am not able to stop and stand up every 90 minutes. coming from a v-rod the street is far more nimble for short rides on busy roads and parking lots. stock suspension is also cushy enough to take on parking lot speed bumps like a dirt bike, doesn't jarr my spine like the v-rod suspension did

2008 VRSCDA, locked in storage
2015 XG750 made in India
both Vivid Black
Honda Wave125 daily scooter
post #8 of 8 Old 12-02-2016, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeive View Post
These are entry level bikes for HD. I think you are seeing two things. One group of buyer that gets their first bike and just decide they don't want to ride after all. The other group of buyer that gets the bike, and quickly realizes that they want something bigger. I have seen quite a few people post that they very quickly upgrade to a larger Harley after buying a Street.
Absolutely. I picked up my Street 750 used, as my first Harley. After four months I was lusting heavily for a V-Rod Night Rod. But the $12,000 upgrade cost has kept me planted. But I bet there's a whole lot of folks with more money and less wallet discipline than me, who upgrade right away.

Quote:
For me, the bike has plenty of power. I wish it had a better seat, and I had a bit more leg room. Other than that I can't really complain. I expect to have it for at least one more year, though I will probably look to upgrade after that.
Agreed. It's especially light on its feet and tossable, and the 750 has plenty of power indeed. The seat is fine for short trips but I've read plenty of complaints from those who log 400-mile days that yeah, it's gotta go. So, yes, even though I was afflicted with V-Rod lust, I think I'll stick with the Street for at least another year or two and really wring my money from it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page