LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 03-03-2014, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Me from INDIA :)

Hello H-Dians

I'm CHIKKU BABU from the south most part of India, KERALA - the god's own country. Am in the commercial capital of this state - KOCHI. I'm into business and almost 40 yrs old.

Planning to book Street 750 in couple of days and so was reading almost all available literature about it.

I cud see the bike in real at SPICE COAST H-D here and check it in detail. I agree the difference in built quality when compared to a Superlow OR Iron 883 which were standing next to this bike. One will easily get the feeling that this has been made for a price. Still it gives a premium look may be due to the brand value. Anyways, NOT a fair move from H-D for the poor customers of urban world.
To top all that, H-D owners in this part of the world had loads of bad experiences with the dealer SPICE COAST. The dealer suffered a major set back when the current owners started agitating in the most aggressive form! This keeps me confused and tells my mind to stay off from H-D and pickup the triumph!

looking forward to lots of infos on Street 750. Any firm idea bout the accessories list and its costs for this bike?

Regards
Chikku.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum @autonut

I am sorry to hear that you guys have to deal with such bad experiences with your dealer. So what other bikes are you considerig to buy besides the Street? Which Triumph are you looking to buy? I would guess the Thundebird Storm... Am I right

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.
post #3 of 17 Old 03-03-2014, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the welcome message :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyVest View Post
Welcome to the forum @autonut

I am sorry to hear that you guys have to deal with such bad experiences with your dealer. So what other bikes are you considerig to buy besides the Street? Which Triumph are you looking to buy? I would guess the Thundebird Storm... Am I right
Yeah the scenario was too pathetic for the world's most premium motorcycle brand here. But tht happened purely due to the idiotic and non-professional approach of dealer towards the customers. You can see all the details if you google harley davidson+kochi+ spice coast

Well the triumph am looking at is a completely different genus. The Street Tripple body says Harley and mind says street tripple!

Anyways.. Thanks for the warm welcome here..
Livin On and HarleyVest like this.

post #4 of 17 Old 03-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
There is an old rule: Any motorcycle is better than no motorcycle.

Sorry to hear about the dealership issues. There are a dealers in the US that don't have very good reputations but they're rare.

The Street 500 and Street 750 are going to be excellent motorcycles.

As far as a Triumph they are good motorcycles but I have heard of some electrical problems with Triumphs. Not minor accessory problems (any motorcycle with a lot of accessories is likely to experience this including Harley's) but engine related electrical problems. As in "bike won't run" kind of problems. It's only hearsay or a rumor though so I'm not sure.

StoneFree

HarleyVest likes this.
post #5 of 17 Old 03-04-2014, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here!

post #6 of 17 Old 03-04-2014, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFree View Post
As far as a Triumph they are good motorcycles but I have heard of some electrical problems with Triumphs. Not minor accessory problems (any motorcycle with a lot of accessories is likely to experience this including Harley's) but engine related electrical problems. As in "bike won't run" kind of problems. It's only hearsay or a rumor though so I'm not sure.

StoneFree
You speak of Triumph electrical problems...
My neighbor has a new Triumph America (I think), and he has had several electrical issues. None that has left him beside the road, though. He has to take it 100 miles to the dealer to get it repaired. I guess the dealer network is an advantage of owning a Harley, assuming you use the dealer.
post #7 of 17 Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum

The street triple is as great bike

Do they sell the Yamaha MT-09 in your area?
post #8 of 17 Old 03-05-2014, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
welcome aboard @autonut! The street triple is quite the lovely bike, from what I hear its a real hooligans bike cut froma similar cloth as the KTM Dukes But that is also conjecture and likely biased as a good friend of mine owns a Street Triple hehhh
post #9 of 17 Old 03-07-2014, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Triumph boneville costs 30-80% more depending on the model , other models twice or more than street . Yup performance wise it is the better bike and has a solid reputation but the the price difference is significant as well.
That budget also allows one to look at ducati monster or the jap 600/650cc motorcycles and that is some serious competition/options. The street has only kawasaki ninja 300(20% cheaper) to compete with in india right now .
post #10 of 17 Old 03-08-2014, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum basuroy. Try a nether dealer. Don't reward a bad dealer by buying from them. Find a nether one to buy from. We have ones like that here in the USA as-well. Harley has a lot of dealers, find one you can work with.

o~\o

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page