Hello from (sometimes) Sunny Scotland - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello from (sometimes) Sunny Scotland

After a long time off bikes (last time I rode was 20 years ago) I picked up my 1st Harley last year - a new Street 750. I will admit to being a fair weather rider and given I live in Scotland (UK) my bike doesn't get much mileage (only 500 miles in the first year).

I am new to Harleys and really like my Street and am keen to do some simple modifications although as I am not very mechanically minded these would have to be relatively simple if I am going to DIY. Keen to hear from other Street 750 owners who have done mods themselves

Initial mods I am thinking about include:

Add Center stand
Upgrade the Seat - https://www.harleycustom.co.uk/produ...-500-750-76421
Upgrade the fairing - Memphis Shades Cafe Fairing | 135-356 | J&P Cycles or Memphis Shades Gauntlet Fairing | 210-971 | J&P Cycles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2017, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum from New Jersey!

I've heard food things about the mustang seat but can't offer any experience with it. I personally did the Harley tallboy seat since im 6' 3". It's a good seat in terms of posture but TBH comfort leaves a bit to be desired. After an hour my back hurts, but that may just be me. There are also recovering kits out there that are cheaper and add some padding. May be worth investigating.

If you get the seat and one of those fairings, please post with pics and your experience. I have also been considering the cafe fairing.

2016 Street 750
Old 06-02-2017, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the welcome Nollid51, whatever I do I will post here.

Old 06-02-2017, 01:10 PM

Location: Southwest Iowa with more than a little time spent in Ames
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
A co-worker has the Memphis Shades bullet fairing on his Honda Shadow and Yamaha Raider. He really likes the setup and said the installation was simple. I would expect the same of the gauntlet fairing.

Paul
Central and SW Iowa
2016 xg750
Old 06-02-2017, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Here's my early review of the Mustang 2-Up Touring Seat:
https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...at-review.html

I can add that as I've logged more and more miles, I'm happier and happier with the Mustang.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGammage View Post
After a long time off bikes (last time I rode was 20 years ago) I picked up my 1st Harley last year - a new Street 750. I will admit to being a fair weather rider and given I live in Scotland (UK) my bike doesn't get much mileage (only 500 miles in the first year).

I am new to Harleys and really like my Street and am keen to do some simple modifications although as I am not very mechanically minded these would have to be relatively simple if I am going to DIY. Keen to hear from other Street 750 owners who have done mods themselves

Initial mods I am thinking about include:

Add Center stand
Upgrade the Seat - https://www.harleycustom.co.uk/produ...-500-750-76421
Upgrade the fairing - Memphis Shades Cafe Fairing | 135-356 | J&P Cycles or Memphis Shades Gauntlet Fairing | 210-971 | J&P Cycles
Congrats on tne new Street! I installed the Memphis Gauntlet on my XG 750 with the help of a friend. Process was fairly simple, the thing that took the longest was relocating the turn signals. They sell a kit for that too. Keep the rubber on the raod!
Old 06-03-2017, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Here's my early review of the Mustang 2-Up Touring Seat:
https://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...at-review.html

I can add that as I've logged more and more miles, I'm happier and happier with the Mustang.
Gaigin, have you any photos of your bike with the Mustang seat on?
Old 06-07-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGammage View Post
Gaigin, have you any photos of your bike with the Mustang seat on?
Not any good ones, but here's a couple of examples. Both include the luggage rack/sissy bar; I should take a photo without it I guess. And yes, it seriously needs a bath...

Old 06-09-2017, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Looks good.

I have the Harley sissy bar/luggage rack however it's much smaller/lower than yours and I'm sure would interfere with the passenger seat.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:35 PM

That's the Harley luggage rack/sissy bar on my bike. It does crowd into the back of the passenger seat, but not in any way that affects comfort, it's just jammed 1/4" into the seat.
PGammage likes this.