LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-06-2018, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello from France

Hello everybody

I am a street 750 owner since yesterday.

This is my first H-D, and I'm gonna use it mainly for commuting, in remplacement of my scooter (burgman 400) which has been crashed from a SMIDSY on the ring road.

I really like this bike, and I probably will love it as soon as I find some kind of new mirrors... (I've got a beautiful jacket, but I don't need to see it only, each time I have to know what's going on behind)

Thank you all for the very interesting informations you've posted and will post

Ride safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-07-2018, 01:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the 750 group. Within the forum there is a ton of information available, including a selection of alternate mirror and mirror mounts. Possible searches through the forum will cover all your queries.

Looking forward to your future posts on you first H-D.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #3 of 8 Old 05-07-2018, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the group. I think that you will enjoy your bike. It has plenty of pick-up power to get out of congestion situations. Yes, the rear-view mirrors are no good. You may want to get a new muffler also so people can hear you. The factory muffler sounds like a sewing machine.

post #4 of 8 Old 05-07-2018, 05:20 PM

Location: Southwest Iowa with more than a little time spent in Ames
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Bonjour, Fabien! The larger wheels will give you a bit more stability than the scooter and the xg750 is considerably more powerful.

As Propnut notes, the mirror issue has been covered extensively. I use the H-D long stem mirrors which help, but would like to add the Krator mirror extensions that are popular with many members.

Paul
Central and SW Iowa
2016 xg750
post #5 of 8 Old 05-09-2018, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Welcome! I was in France last August. One of the fun things was stopping by the HD Dealership. The Street 750 is the perfect bike for your roads....nimble, quick, light, and great looking. I love mine. BTW....I adjusted the mirrors to get them up as high and wide as possible. They aren't perfect but I can get by. Enjoy your new bike!
post #6 of 8 Old 05-09-2018, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hello

Thank you all for your welcoming messages and advices

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Welcome to the group. I think that you will enjoy your bike. It has plenty of pick-up power to get out of congestion situations. Yes, the rear-view mirrors are no good. You may want to get a new muffler also so people can hear you. The factory muffler sounds like a sewing machine.
Yes I'll probably consider to get a better sound, not too noisy
But that's not for now. I think it's better to let the engine begins its life calm and quiet until the first service.

My first project will be for the security : I think I will soon add some Drl and hazard lights (lane is splitting is legal here). That may help to be seen, added to my hi-visibility helmet and jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugslyCat View Post
Bonjour, Fabien! The larger wheels will give you a bit more stability than the scooter and the xg750 is considerably more powerful.

As Propnut notes, the mirror issue has been covered extensively. I use the H-D long stem mirrors which help, but would like to add the Krator mirror extensions that are popular with many members.
That's true for the stability thanks to the larger wheels, especially on a dry road. I drove this morning under the rain and I wasn't really confortable with the tires.
It's also more powerful, but above all it's really really more fun and pleasant even if I drive slower than I used to do with the scooter.

The krator seems to be a good (and cheap) solution, unfortunately I can't find a website that would ship to France.
I will look at the tribal or long stem from the HD genius even if they are much more expensive.

And I also have to buy new tools. Non metrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjtyer View Post
Welcome! I was in France last August. One of the fun things was stopping by the HD Dealership. The Street 750 is the perfect bike for your roads....nimble, quick, light, and great looking. I love mine. BTW....I adjusted the mirrors to get them up as high and wide as possible. They aren't perfect but I can get by. Enjoy your new bike!
Yes it's quite the perfect bike for where and how I'm gonna use it. I am great to read that you love yours.

Ride safe
post #7 of 8 Old 05-10-2018, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
As far as I am aware the Street is the first metric out of their range. Check first before you look for a non-metric tool set.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #8 of 8 Old 05-13-2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propnut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
As far as I am aware the Street is the first metric out of their range. Check first before you look for a non-metric tool set.
Hello Propnut

Thank you for the information, it's a good news, but I already order a tool set.
Now I think I should sell the street and buy a softail breakout 114 so that I could use my tools 😆
The only screw I've tried to unscrew is one from my luggage rack, which is an H-D genius accessory... and none of my metric tool had fitted. That's why I though it would be the same for the bike.
I will check it out.

Best regards

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page