LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-07-2018, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Howdy from NC

Howdy y'all. New 2016 Street 750 rider here in Jacksonville, NC. Super excited to trick out the bike (already got a new slip on muffler on order and a wind screen up front), any suggestions on what the next upgrade should be? I'm thinking fuel tuner, air intake, mirrors (probably bar end), and the luggage rack/saddlebags. Stay safe out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-07-2018, 05:18 PM

Location: Southwest Iowa with more than a little time spent in Ames
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Welcome to the forums!

I would put the mirrors at the top of the list, as the stock ones are entirely useless. The Tribal or the long stem version of the stock mirrors help a lot. Many people here are fans of the inexpensiver Krator extensions that move the mirrors out and up just a tad.

After that, it all depends on how you are planning on using the bike. If you need to be carrying stuff, by all means go for the bags and package rack. If you are into performance, then the tuner and air intake.

The Vance & Hines Fuel Pack 3 has been known to improve the riding experience of an otherwise stock bike after a few auto tune sessions. The Screaming Eagle tuner not so much without the new intake. I don't know about any of the others as I'm still researching a tuner myself.

Paul
Central and SW Iowa
2016 xg750
post #3 of 4 Old 06-07-2018, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi there, I am in Washington NC. Almost 3k on my 750. My wife and I love the bike. We added National Cycle Deflector Screen, HD luggage rack, sissy bar, and back pad. If you get to towards little Washington let us know....
[email protected]
DJ Moto and SoonerStreetRider like this.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-13-2018, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the insight y'all. I've done some soul searching (and internet searching of course) and I've determined I'll go the cafe route with it. Looking at Chappell Customs and some of the cafe sportser builds on youtube and I'm super excited to put my fingerprints aaaaaaaaaall over the bike. I'll probably throw some pics on another thread with and to hear other recommendations. Right now I'm looking at the following purchases tomorrow:

Vance and Hines VO2 Naked Air Intake
Vance and Hines High Output Slip On (VERY EXCITED FOR THIS)
JY Motor Mirror Extenders
Biltwell Keystone Bars (with 1" grips since I heard on rezvilla that 7/8's grips won't fit on the bike???)
Side Speedo Bracket from Chappell Customs (I removed the bikini fairing up front and since i'm trying to reduce the profile of my bike I'll move the speedometer over)

All in all looks like about 500 bucks in parts for this first iteration of modifications but I gotta say I'm unbelievably excited for the weekend. I'm actually disappointed I have plans with the GF since I think I'd rather be turning wrenches.

Safe riding y'all!
DJ Moto and Big Rus like this.

The safety brief,

Don't add to the population.
Don't subtract from the population.
Don't end up in the newspaper, the hospital, or jail.
If you do end up in jail, establish dominance quickly.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page