LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-14-2018, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cool Hi! from Chandigarh (India)

howdy all ,
I am Aayush Gandhi and im currently pursuing my bachelors in Computer Science Engineering and was thinking of buying an used Street 750 (2015 or 2016) .The only problem is that its gonna be like my first time riding a bike and i dont think i will be able to handle its weight (bike weighs 250Kg and i am merely 55 Kg).
Should i go fourth with my plan and if so please suggest -
1.which year to go for (if no major change than buying an older one will cost cheaper)
2.What mods should i consider spending in.
3.I've heard of the heat issue which tends to burn the thighs .....is it a big problem or just something i can ignore?

Last edited by Aayush Gandhi; 06-14-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-14-2018, 04:17 PM

Location: Southwest Iowa with more than a little time spent in Ames
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum, Aayush!

I wouldn't think that weight would be too much of a problem. Here in the United States I've seen people your size handling Road Kings and other big bikes.

These are fairly light bikes. They come in around 500 pounds, which is approximately 226Kg, so not as bad as you thought. They also have a low center of gravity, which helps a lot. You might try sitting on the motorcycle with your feet firmly planted and try shifting the motorcycle back and forth a few times. I've done that with a few bikes and been amazed at how easily managed they were, while some of the other bikes have greatly disappointed me.

Do you have any experience with scooters or even a class on motorcycle riding? These aren't huge bikes, but having a few hours of experience on something smaller than a 750 would be a big help. On the other hand, the H-D classes normally use a Street 500 as the training bike.

1) I would get the 2016 or later if possible. The 2015 model had a recall on the fuel system, often referred to hear as the lag and leap issue. It also had problems with the brakes. The bikes made in India had a problem with the brake pads being inferior, if I recall correctly. On the other hand, if the recall work has been done and the brake pads already change, a 2015 shouldn't be a problem.

2) Mirrors should probably be an early modification. The stock mirrors aren't close enough to the bar ends, so you pretty much wind up with your arm blocking the view. The long stem mirrors, Tribal mirrors, or the Krator mirror extensions can all help with that. Most everything else depends on how you are planning on using the motorcycle.

3) I haven't had an issue with heat build up burning my thighs, but I normally ride in the open countryside and a cooler climate than you are in. If you can't keep moving, say 40 Kph or so, you may have problems with heat build up. There are heat shields, essentially leather flaps that hang down from the seat to loosely cover the cylinders, that prevent you from burning your thigh. If riders of other motorcycles aren't having that problem, you probably won't either.
Propnut likes this.

Paul
Central and SW Iowa
2016 xg750
post #3 of 3 Old 06-15-2018, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome from Tallahassee, Florida. You will enjoy your bike. Get used to it first before buying the (limited) aftermarket options available. Mirrors suck.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page