LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-14-2018, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Greetings from Pennsylvania

Hello everybody,

Just popping in to say hello and introduce myself. I live just north of Philadelphia in beautiful Bucks County, PA, which is an excellent place to ride! Just picked up my new 2017 XG750 the other day.

I've been riding motorcycles all my life and have owned several. This is my second Harley Davidson, my first one was a Sportster 1200 Custom. I found that I just didn't ride it very much because my commute to work is half open highway and half Philadelphia traffic. The 1200 in traffic was big, bulky, hot, and the engine lugged too much. So I wanted something lightweight, nimble, sporty, and fun.

So far, I absolutely LOVE the 750! The engine is impressively torquey and the frame is impeccably balanced.

My only complaints thus far:

- Seat. The factory seat is semi comfortable for about 7 minutes and then becomes torture unlike anything my backside has ever experienced. I ordered the Tallboy seat, which I think will help because it supposedly sits me up and back a couple of inches.

- Mirrors. They are completely useless. What was HD thinking??

- Heat. I thought a liquid cooled engine would be more comfortable sitting in traffic. However, the cooling fan was perfectly aimed by the jokester engineers to blow the hot air right on my thighs. So far it's tolerable but it's just another engineering miss by Harley.

Other than that, the bike seems perfect. Once the rack comes in and I can mount a bag on the rear, it will be perfect for commuting, taking to the gym, etc. Looking forward to racking up some mileage on this puppy.

Cheers everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 37017714_10216348384407345_4462610332103213056_n.jpg (101.8 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-14-2018, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey View Post
Hello everybody,

Just popping in to say hello and introduce myself. I live just north of Philadelphia in beautiful Bucks County, PA, which is an excellent place to ride! Just picked up my new 2017 XG750 the other day.

I've been riding motorcycles all my life and have owned several. This is my second Harley Davidson, my first one was a Sportster 1200 Custom. I found that I just didn't ride it very much because my commute to work is half open highway and half Philadelphia traffic. The 1200 in traffic was big, bulky, hot, and the engine lugged too much. So I wanted something lightweight, nimble, sporty, and fun.

So far, I absolutely LOVE the 750! The engine is impressively torquey and the frame is impeccably balanced.

My only complaints thus far:

- Seat. The factory seat is semi comfortable for about 7 minutes and then becomes torture unlike anything my backside has ever experienced. I ordered the Tallboy seat, which I think will help because it supposedly sits me up and back a couple of inches.

- Mirrors. They are completely useless. What was HD thinking??

- Heat. I thought a liquid cooled engine would be more comfortable sitting in traffic. However, the cooling fan was perfectly aimed by the jokester engineers to blow the hot air right on my thighs. So far it's tolerable but it's just another engineering miss by Harley.

Other than that, the bike seems perfect. Once the rack comes in and I can mount a bag on the rear, it will be perfect for commuting, taking to the gym, etc. Looking forward to racking up some mileage on this puppy.

Cheers everyone!
Take a look at my recent post . Day Trip . This is my second year with my 2017 Street . Mustang touring seat , sheep skin butt pad , Krator mirror extenders , stage one upgrade , Progressive shocks , G2 throttle tube , pro grips , Built track bars , HD lugage rack , Tail bag . I had the tall boy seat & removed it . The heat will get better after it is broke in a little . I very much shear your opinion of the street , mine has near 13000 miles now .
post #3 of 5 Old 07-15-2018, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum. Yes, the mirrors are a hazard. Especially if you're a tall person. I hope you enjoy your bike as much as I do. Ride safe.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-15-2018, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Oops I almost forgot to share my opinion about the factory muffler. It sounds like a Singer Swing Machine. You may want to be heard when you are out in traffic. Just saying...
post #5 of 5 Old 07-21-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I've put a couple hundred miles on the bike so far and I'm still loving it. I put on the "tallboy" seat and it is world's better! I ordered the Harley windshield for it but it requires removing the cowl, which I want to keep. So I returned it and ordered a universal "spitfire" windshield that I think I can modify to fit around the cowl. I also bought taller mirrors for it, which makes a big difference.

Yeah the factory sound is a little weak but I'm not into loud bikes. I like to ride, enjoy myself, and hear myself think. Additionally, I have a bad case of tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and noisy Harleys are extremely annoying to me. I wouldn't mind a little throatier sound but it's difficult to achieve that without making it louder so I will just keep the stock muffler.

It's a nice ride!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page