Just another 60 year old guy with a pony tail... - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Just another 60 year old guy with a pony tail...

Until recently I hadn't thrown a leg over a motorcycle in 25 years. Been busy since trying to drown myself on boats and flirting with bankruptcy on racing cars and karts. Last bike I owned was a 1973 Norton Commando (750)

I never was a fan of big heavy cruiser bikes so Harley was not a bike I was interested in or followed. Last summer a young co-worker (female) showed up to work on a new 2018 750 street and then about a month ago a riding buddy from my youth shows up in my driveway out of nowhere also riding a 2016 750 street that he has been touring the country on for the past 13,000 (trouble free) miles. I got to ride his 750 around the block a couple of times. I liked the responsive engine and smooth gearbox. Low center of gravity makes it feel lighter that it's almost 500# weight. My only complaint is the ergonomics feel cramped for my 6'2" height with 34" inseam.

Today I'm getting the bug to ride again and looking at HD's website I see the XG750 has an optional taller seat that would get me up and back an inch or two more. I will be hanging out here for awhile reading up on this bike and exploring possible fit solutions along with asking the occasional stupid question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2019, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Garage
Well I beat you by 10, but loose on the pony tail as well as 4 inches . .

I am sure at the end of the day you will choose the right bike for your needs.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
Old 03-07-2019, 04:46 PM

Location: I split my time between rural central Iowa and rural southwest Iowa
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum! I've had my xg750 for a couple of years and might, maybe, have seen two others in the wild but not close enough to be sure.

I'm 6' with a 30" inseam and also find the riding position cramped. The Tall Boy seat really helped. For the coming riding season I am installing highway pegs and this J&P Cycles Offset Footpeg Extension Kit: https://www.jpcycles.com/product/530...&totalResult=1

Between the two I should be able to relax a little bit.

I finally decided to add those parts because after the 15K service I'm lending the bike to my nephew, who is 6'2" and long legged. I just don't see him possibly being comfortable on the stock bike.

Formerly known as "PugslyCat" until the account got locked.
2016 xg750 in Velocity Red
2007 Sportster 1200 Custom in blue and silver