User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-27-2019, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Attempting to ride

Hey y’all! I’m attempting to ride my lowered street 500 😅. I went down and totaled a bike on a poker run a few years ago, I’m a little skittish. My husband thought this little piglet would be perfect for getting me back on two wheels. So any advice y’all have for getting over that mental block, let me know!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B06D90E2-42C0-47F4-B454-B5B1043A7112_1558953330647.jpg (79.0 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-27-2019, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Garage
So you do have some riding experience. If you have never taken a safety riders course then I would highly suggest it. Everything you learn at the Safety Rider's Course you will apply each time you take your bike out. If you take the course from Harley Davidson, they use the XG500 with added features to protect you and the motorcycle. I have over 30,000 miles on my 2015 XG750 piglet over the last 5 years. I'm confident about how I ride my piglet but not overly confident. I too have had a spill on a motorcycle almost 40 years ago. Rode my dirt bike across my grandmother's yard and didn't see the steel cable clothes line she had strung from a tree to a bird feeder. Hit the wire at and angle with my face, broke a front tooth and left a burn rub from the edge of my mouth to my right ear. I was only in first gear. Lesson learned. Got up and rode the bike with helmet on. Tooth replace and no scarring on my face. Then took a 35 year hiatus before rideing again in 2011. I do a lot of solo riding here in Wisconsin and with a couple of peeps from time to time. I like to do poker runs but I like staying in the very back to see how the other riders ride. If there is one thing I have learned is never trust a tight curve to have a clean surface on the 2 lane roads. If a cager pulls up to an intersection and is not making eye contact with you. Be prepared to stop short. Otherwise, get out there and enjoy the wind therapy and safe riding!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page