Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Intro and problem

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Propnut 
#1 · (Edited)
What's good fellas,

I ride a Street 750 in South Africa.
I put a pair of saddle bags cause I like those hips wide...

My bike cuts the engine off at 180km / 111miles... is there a way to prevent this from happening apart from keeping away from the max speed limit?

#2 · (Edited)
What's good fellas,

My bike cuts the engine off at 180km / 111miles... is there a way to prevent this from happening apart from keeping away from the max speed limit?
Larger rear tire diameter?

V&H FP3 tuner? Read this in another forum but it should be verified...

"Hey everyone!

Just a heads up that I've been hearing this from tuners and customers alike for a while now, and I tested the first alpha version of the app that includes speed limiter removal last week. I was able to get our 2019 FLHRXS up to 155 in the dyno no problem, so expect this to be in an updated app in the coming weeks.

Bryan
Brand Manager, Electronics"

#3 ·
What do you mean that the engine cuts off ? Are you in 6th gear ?

The engine should rev to 8000 before the limiter kicks in.

I have had 118mph indicated on my speedo and the engine was only revving at about 7700 in 6th. It simply would not rev higher but certainly did not cut and held that speed for a mile or so.

It is possible to raise the rpm with an FP3 but without engine tuning / modifications I doubt that it would rev much higher in 6th. In the lower gears it might.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.