Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

New Bike Today, Wife Still Doesn't Know

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  VortecCPI 
#1 ·
Hey all. Tim here. I just wanted to introduce myself as I tend to watch forums on things and have been stalking this one for a bit as I decided on a bike.

Tonight, I be too my 1200 and went for a ride and a few hours later, I came home with a twisted cherry Street rod. I have been looking at mt07 mt09 and sv650's but then some one reminded me about this bike. I just didn't care for the mt looks and the xsrs are hard to find.

I am not going to lie, it took 15 minutes to ride this and I knew. I am not brand specific (I like Indians version of the street glide) but I do like bang for buck and even though this was more than the Japanese bikes, I still feel it just has an extra but if quality.

I don't get why this bike isn't more famous? It's so much fun, flickable, and....fun. the front light sucks so bad. My brights turned in front of me dark. Gonna do an Amazon light.

Here are some pics, gonna post a hello me thread.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Congratulations!

A similar situation happened when I bought my Street Rod last year. My wife was away visiting family and I got the bike. I had been looking at MT07s, Sportsters, SV650s, and some others. The SR deal "just happened" with a deal too good to pass up. I spent a few days talking up motorcycles, then told her a few days before she came home. It all worked out.

#7 ·
Wife found out and laughed. She just said, "I thought you were going get a street glide". Lol.

I got Vance and Hines coming in tomorrow, picked up a and s stealth coming in 2 days, picked up hd screaming eagle pro tuner and cable at 20% off on my desk, and a Corbin seat in about 3 weeks.

Advised my wife I need a fender eliminator kit for Christmas/Chanukah lol.

What I do know is, I know I could've gotten away with a street glide lol.

#11 · (Edited)
With intake, exhaust, and tuner both S&S and V&H dyno sheets show ~10%+ gain. In my case the difference was quite dramatic and way more than I anticipated. The nicest thing was elimination of that herky-jerky throttle and less decel pop, though mine was never that bad to begin with.

Since you are still under warranty the path you chose is the one you need. Can you have your bike dyno tuned without voiding warranty? If so results should exceed any canned map. One of the XG750A riders has a dyno sheet showing just a tad under 73 RWHP and, more importantly, elimination of TQ dip in the 2,000-3,000 RPM area.

In any case what you have now is better than a stock tune, though some claim HD SE Pro is too rich at WOT.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.