Hello from Australia - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-13-2013, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello from Australia

Hi,

I'm from Sydney,Australia. Just put my deposit down on a new street 500.

Now for the long wait till they are released here in January 2015.
revolution-x is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 11-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 633
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
congrats on the preorder! yea the wait is going to be a painful one.
fkystreet is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 11-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Livin On's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 548
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
JAN 2015, thats brutal, good luck I wonder if yours will be built in US or India?

Quote:
While the Harley Street 500 and 750 models sold in America are built in the US, the European and Indian markets will get the machines from the MoCo plant in Bawal, India. But rest assured that these bikes will use the same parts as any other plant, making for true Harley Davidson motorcycles to emerge from every assembly line.
Livin On is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 11-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
 
HarleyVest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution-x View Post
Hi,

I'm from Sydney,Australia. Just put my deposit down on a new street 500.

Now for the long wait till they are released here in January 2015.
@revolution-x

Congrats!

What made you decide on the hd street 500 instead of the 750 if you don't mind me asking?

January 2015 Is sometime to wait but I'll be keeping busy on here in the mean time

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.
HarleyVest is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
We have learner rider laws here that restrict you from riding anything bigger than 660cc for your first 15 months (3 months minimum learner permit followed by minimum 12 months on provisional license) so the 500 is the only Harley I can legally ride as a beginner unless I can find a 350cc Sprint & they are VERY scarce here.

Apparently HD Australia will not be releasing the 750 here anyway, this may be because the 883 range is already well established for those who are on their full unrestricted license.

Im hoping that if enough people put deposits down HD might bring some in a few months early.
revolution-x is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 11-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution-x View Post
We have learner rider laws here that restrict you from riding anything bigger than 660cc for your first 15 months (3 months minimum learner permit followed by minimum 12 months on provisional license) so the 500 is the only Harley I can legally ride as a beginner unless I can find a 350cc Sprint & they are VERY scarce here.

Apparently HD Australia will not be releasing the 750 here anyway, this may be because the 883 range is already well established for those who are on their full unrestricted license.

Im hoping that if enough people put deposits down HD might bring some in a few months early.
The HD street 500/750 is great for people like you then. it will make for a great long term bike as well, maybe some good aftermarket performance support.



harleyhoonigan is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 02-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: NW
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Welcome revolution-x, sorry to hear you have such a long wait for your bike. I thought the wait for June was bad here.

How are the roads there in Sidney? Any fun twisty roads?

o~\o
shark nose is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 03-08-2014, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Theres some fun twisty roads on Sydneys outskirts.

Much better riding in country areas Where I plan to do most of my riding) because Sydneys roads are badly congested 7 days a week & we have some of the worlds worst drivers.

Generally speaking, our roads are poorly maintained & rough (apart from
the congested motorways known in Sydney as "mobile car parks")
revolution-x is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 03-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
 
HarleyVest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution-x View Post
Theres some fun twisty roads on Sydneys outskirts.

Much better riding in country areas Where I plan to do most of my riding) because Sydneys roads are badly congested 7 days a week & we have some of the worlds worst drivers.

Generally speaking, our roads are poorly maintained & rough (apart from
the congested motorways known in Sydney as "mobile car parks")
So are you saying there a craters on the roads that you have to constantly look out for? That sucks if thats the case and them filling them in ashphalt does help since they become slippery overtime.

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.
HarleyVest is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 03-12-2014, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Yeah, there are large deep "potholes" as they are known here all over the place, especially after periods of wet weather.

They are generally filled in with ashphalt on main routes fairly quickly but on side roads & general back streets of suburbia the holes can stay unrepaired for a long time.

Its Australia, you get used to dodging them. Some of the ones on my route home from work have been there so long that I know exactly where they are & have a set "route" around the holes that I just seem to do on auto pilot.

Some of the ones on country roads that people are not familiar with can really catch you off guard if you are not concentrating. I've hit a few at night doing the occasional interstate trip & bottomed the suspension on my car. Some of them have left me wondering how I did not destroy an alloy rim.
revolution-x is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome