4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 05-24-2014, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hi from Vancouver Island!

Been a motorcycle nut since I was 12, that's 45 years now. Have owned Japanese, as well as Triumph Bonneville, Norton Commando and Moto Guzzi, but, much as I like the bikes, have never owned a Harley. I'm a little different, I guess, from the "usual" Harley rider since my favorites have always been the Sportsters, particularly the XLCR and the 883 Roadster. I like a bike that I can push through the twisties, but don't kid myself that I'm a racer.

Haven't had a road bike for a few years now and am considering one of the Streets. I like the small and nimble idea, possibly because that's what I am at 5'5" and 150 lbs. I've ridden the big bikes but I just don't need the power and weight, I like the idea of low and light, but don't like the limited suspension travel of the Sportster Low.

I can't wait to check these out when they come to my local dealership.
HarleyVest and Sherri like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-26-2014, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Nice to have you with us. Do you have any pictures of you the bikes you owned in the past?

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-26-2014, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
welcome to the forum

vancouver island is one heck of a place to live. love it

post #4 of 13 Old 05-27-2014, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Welcome!

post #5 of 13 Old 05-27-2014, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyVest View Post
Nice to have you with us. Do you have any pictures of you the bikes you owned in the past?
Thanks for the greetings, all.
No, I'm afraid I wasn't much of a picture taker back then. Getting better now though.
I do have a picture of the Norton somewhere, but it's not very good. It was a '74 Commando Roadster with the "John Player Special" white with blue and red stripes paint job. This was my dream bike when I was a kid and it was a thrill to finally own and ride one.
Triumph was a '77 "Silver Jubilee" limited edition Bonneville. Gorgeous, a real head turner, and really fun ride.
Guzzi was a 73 V7 Sport. Bought it as a basket case, lugged it around for many years and never did get it together. Have ridden others though. Really wish I still had that one. Really wish I still had all of them.
HarleyVest and Sherri like this.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-28-2014, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
sweet collection
post #7 of 13 Old 05-28-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperdj View Post
No, I'm afraid I wasn't much of a picture taker back then. Getting better now though.
I do have a picture of the Norton somewhere, but it's not very good. It was a '74 Commando Roadster with the "John Player Special" white with blue and red stripes paint job. This was my dream bike when I was a kid and it was a thrill to finally own and ride one.
Triumph was a '77 "Silver Jubilee" limited edition Bonneville. Gorgeous, a real head turner, and really fun ride.
Guzzi was a 73 V7 Sport. Bought it as a basket case, lugged it around for many years and never did get it together. Have ridden others though. Really wish I still had that one. Really wish I still had all of them.
In for pictures of those bikes

post #8 of 13 Old 05-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperdj View Post
Its understandable, I wouldn't be able to find the negatives to my first born if my life depended on it.

I have to say that is an amazing line up. With you mentioning the custom paint job I'm really curious on seeing how it looks now.

Trying to picture it with the blue and red stripes...
Quote:

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.

Last edited by HarleyVest; 05-28-2014 at 03:28 PM.
post #9 of 13 Old 05-29-2014, 10:40 AM

That bike is a work of art and so clean I wouldn't even want to take it out on the road, okay maybe not, I would be tempted to get some seat time on it out in the wild.

post #10 of 13 Old 05-29-2014, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
It seems to have Neutral Finder like Royal Enfield or I am mistaken?!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page