Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Welcome to Harley Davidson Street forums!

52K views 128 replies 64 participants last post by  bronxnz 
#1 ·
Hi everyone and welcome to the new site!

We created Harley Davidson Street forums for the all new HD street models, the 500 and the 750.

Take a moment to introduce yourself and what you ride, if you are a new rider or a long time rider!

Welcome and glad to have you with us!

Stew

#5 ·
H-D owner over 50 years,175 pacer,250 sprint, XLCH 900 in the 60s. Bought 77 XLCR new ,then in 80s FXR ,90s Road king . 2001 FXDXT and now ride a 2007 V -ROD NIGHT ROD. AS you can see I like to move up with out of the norm Harleys .I think the STREET is Great. Looks a lot like my XLCR CAFE RACER and my black KNIGHT ROD.
Can look forword to lighter bike for my OLD AGE

#7 ·
hey Ima 57 year old first time rider to be and getting ready to take my safety class. been looking for a standard seating position correctly sized bike to start on but a lot of the bikes have the foot pegs behind you and not directly beneath the knees. Thats what im looking for. and the street 750 has that . plus 95% of my riding will be in town commuter styled riding so the 750 sounds perfect to me . I found the forum while google searching the bike. 1 question though . Ive seen a lot of blurbs about the bike being ridden in india now but I havnt actually found any post ride reviews yet. Have you found any?

#12 ·
New Member & soon to be a new HD owner

Hi HD!
Thanks for the intro and a big shout! Im glad i bumped into the HD brotherhood page in here. Have done plenty of research, have scoured plenty of pages for reviews, videos, etc, etc... The Street 750 looks much different in person than in the photographs for sure. Impressive but lacks finish in some areas. Being a stock bike and a latest launch, im consoling myself to wait for a few days so that ppl start building after market stuff for it. Thats the reason ive not pushed myself to book the bike immediately. Ill wait for the first batch to roll out completely and hit the roads so that we gain maximum on the spot reviews. Monsoons nearing in mumbai therfore the street will take time to hit the streets.
Fingers crossed X:)

#13 ·
Hi HD!
Thanks for the intro and a big shout! Im glad i bumped into the HD brotherhood page in here. Have done plenty of research, have scoured plenty of pages for reviews, videos, etc, etc... The Street 750 looks much different in person than in the photographs for sure. Impressive but lacks finish in some areas. Being a stock bike and a latest launch, im consoling myself to wait for a few days so that ppl start building after market stuff for it. Thats the reason ive not pushed myself to book the bike immediately. Ill wait for the first batch to roll out completely and hit the roads so that we gain maximum on the spot reviews. Monsoons nearing in mumbai therfore the street will take time to hit the streets.
Fingers crossed X:)
Welcome to the forum!

There is a decent amount of guys in here that have the 750 booked already so just wait for their feedback.

#15 · (Edited)
Hello from new member

My son and I are very excited about these new Street models, and are hoping to be acquiring a 500 in the near future. We are very glad Harley-Davidson has a new bike designed after a model we currently enjoy, but with a new engine design.Will post pictures of what we have planned when things proceed further. Thank you for offering this website/forum.

Drew

#20 ·
Hey Folks,

I'm a 60 year old who rides an old (2001) Buell Blast in Jersey. I decided to finally get "legal" and took the 3 day course the local Harley dealer offers which replaces the DMV road test. We rode the 500 Street for the class. I liked the bike. Now my Buell is acting up (been in the shop twice in a month), so I put a deposit down for the next 750 Street that hits the dealership.

#21 ·
I received my XG750 in September. I am a 56 year old guy who has ridden all makes and models of bikes through the years. I was immediately taken by the Street 750. It may not be the bike for those who prefer the bigger air-cooled Harley D's, but I am 5'8' and 150 lbs soaking wet. I have owned the 883 and it felt a bit too heavy and cumbersome to me. The XG750 is a nimble, well-engineered performer, with excellent throttle response and suspension. The engine is fantastic with plenty of power for me. Thank you Harley Davidson for innovative thinking and engineering. I think it will pay dividends for this great American company!

#26 ·
Hello everyone I live in El Paso Texas and I just purchased my first motorcycle in February which is the Harley Street 500 since then I have added the V&H Muffler and the V&H V02 high flow air intake and I also bought the V&H Fuelpak FP3 to remap the bike. I am very thankful for this forum so that I can learn as much as I can from other experienced riders. Thanks.

#27 ·
Happy to be here!

Hi all, I'm a newer rider who got started in 2014 around my 42nd birthday. I'd ridden dirt bikes and four wheelers as a kid, but I hadn't ridden on the street until last year. I started on a docile 1982 Yamaha XS400, but I outgrew it after completing MSF training & riding around on my own.

I'd had my eye on the Street 500 & 750 for a few years as the bike I was most interested in upgrading to for all the reasons HD introduced them: I'm near a city; I'm a female rider; I'm a newer rider; etc. Plus, I knew I wanted to be part of the HD family - riding a Harley has been a dream of mine for a long time. :nerd: I wanted an HD that was powerful enough to keep up with my husband's Sportster but was sized well for me. My Street 750 has everything I wanted!

I'm happy to be here in the forums & look forward to sharing riding experiences and bike tips with other Street owners. :)

#28 ·
Hi all, I'm a newer rider who got started in 2014 around my 42nd birthday. I'd ridden dirt bikes and four wheelers as a kid, but I hadn't ridden on the street until last year. I started on a docile 1982 Yamaha XS400, but I outgrew it after completing MSF training & riding around on my own.

I'd had my eye on the Street 500 & 750 for a few years as the bike I was most interested in upgrading to for all the reasons HD introduced them: I'm near a city; I'm a female rider; I'm a newer rider; etc. Plus, I knew I wanted to be part of the HD family - riding a Harley has been a dream of mine for a long time. :nerd: I wanted an HD that was powerful enough to keep up with my husband's Sportster but was sized well for me. My Street 750 has everything I wanted!

I'm happy to be here in the forums & look forward to sharing riding experiences and bike tips with other Street owners. :)

Welcome and good to see you got from a good dealer in Hannum's. That is where I had gotten mine as well but at their sellersville location.

#30 ·
@vismajor,

WELCOME!

I find the varied demographic of STREET riders most interesting. While the STREET is sometimes referred to as a "beginners" bike I, for example, am 72, have been riding for 50 years and it is my 12th bike. My last one was a SOFTAIL. As a manifestation of age with lower back/extremities issues I had to sell it (my buddy loves it). I kind of thought that my riding days were over and along came the STREET. Two hundred pounds lighter with a shorter wheel base and plenty of power BINGO-PERFECT! OK, as far as two-up for 500 miles I guess not but nevertheless, I plan on a one-up trip the Black Hills come August; >350 miles from here, Denver. Hey I'd like to see a more inclusive picture of your ride. Best of luck.

JMB

#33 ·
Thanks for the welcome, and glad to hear you've found a bike that makes it easy to keep riding. I took a day off from work yesterday & took Mabel out for ~150 miles round trip - had a great time on the back roads. Your Black Hills trip sounds like it'll be great - hoping you'll post some pictures, as I bet you'll pass through some beautiful country. :)

#34 ·
First time rider

Hey everyone. I'm moving overseas and plan on getting rid of my truck for a bike. I was looking at the Iron 883 before a coworker told me about the Street 750. I'm not a tall person so I think I would do fine on the 750. I've heard some bad things about the brakes. For those that have ridden the Street 750 for a while, how are you all liking the bike? I plan on getting my license and bike within the next few weeks.

#35 ·
Hey everyone. I'm moving overseas and plan on getting rid of my truck for a bike. I was looking at the Iron 883 before a coworker told me about the Street 750. I'm not a tall person so I think I would do fine on the 750. I've heard some bad things about the brakes. For those that have ridden the Street 750 for a while, how are you all liking the bike? I plan on getting my license and bike within the next few weeks.
seems like most folks here love their bikes, I know I do.

I was surprised how much power and torque my street 750 has.
this little bike will haul butte.

0-100 mph in 7 seconds isn't a slow bike.

when first taking off you must let the clutch out slowly and keep the throttle very lite! otherwise it'll freak you out on the launch!

there are many fine reviews online that illustrates many details about the bike.

for new riders especially, please take the riders class asap!
it could save you life!

#38 ·
Hey all. Myself and wifey just picked her up a 750 the other week. Been raining like crazy lately so she hasn't had much time to ride it. She is a new rider so wants to get used to it first before taking it out, so we have been hitting up a local church parking lot. I did ride it back from the dealer and my first impressions are positive.

I am used to riding sportbikes, latest being a ZX-10, so didn't know what to expect with the 750, but I was impressed. Seemed very torquey, nimble, and was plain out fun to ride. She really likes it so far from the little riding she has done. The only complaints she has are that the position of the clutch and brake levers make it so she has to almost rotate her hands down to pull them in and she would like to rotate the handle bars more towards her. But other than those two little things loves it.

I read some stuff about the lag/launch issue when low on fuel, so let it go until almost out of gas and didn't really notce anything. Maybe she got lucky and wont have an issue. Anyway looking forward to reading alot more about her bike.

#39 ·
Welcome!

I've only got 700 miles on mine so far after ~3 weeks of riding, but I'm still loving my 750. It's powerful but not too big or too much for me to handle, and it's really, really responsive & nimble. It's great for all kinds of riding - city, country, and highway. I haven't had any brake complaints, though I know it's a common complaint in reviews. I actually find the braking to be smooth as silk, but it's tight & firm when I need it to be to avoid hazards from drivers. The liquid-cooled engine is a blessing in the stop-and-go city/suburb area where I live, and that sixth gear? Ohhhh yeahhhhhh. :D

My biggest complaint was with the stock mirrors - TBH, I found them to be pretty much worthless. I replaced the stock mirrors with the extended-shape Tribal mirrors, and they're so much better.

#42 ·
:)
Welcome!

You mentioned that she's riding in parking lots to get more comfortable as a newer rider... I did the same thing when I first started riding last year, and then I also rode a little in cemeteries. Might be a little gruesome to some, but I kept my speed low & would leave immediately if there were mourners to stay respectful. Anyway, it gave me road-like practice with turns, intersections, signaling, lanes, etc. without the actual traffic on the road. It helped me gain confidence and go to the next level after completing the MSF basic rider's course.

Hope she enjoys her 750 all summer & beyond.

#44 ·
@ Rock,

"who really wants to be able to lock the front brakes at 40 mph?"

I agree that those mirrors that come stock are a safety hazard. I find no problems with the transmission and I don't give a $#!t about the exposed wires. I don't know what happens when some of those folks apply the brakes but when I do the bike slows down or stops depending on what I want it to do.

#45 ·
@ Rock,

"who really wants to be able to lock the front brakes at 40 mph?"

I agree that those mirrors that come stock are a safety hazard. I find no problems with the transmission and I don't give a $#!t about the exposed wires. I don't know what happens when some of those folks apply the brakes but when I do the bike slows down or stops depending on what I want it to do.
yep, same here!
when I was 12 years old, I locked the front brake once on a gravel road, taught me to not do that stupid stunt again.

and IF I wanted a slight improvement in the front brakes, then I'd add a braided brake line. but I don't and wont as of now and IF I do later it will be for looks and not to be able to lock the front brakes at 40 mph!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.