post #1 of 4 Old 05-05-2016, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Tall Guy st 500

Hi everyone

Need a little advice I am a newbie to riding but am catching on fairly quickly. I own a 2015 st 500 and am enjoying the bike alot my question is Can I get better handling for the bike if I raise the handle bar up 2 inches from stock? Might be a dumb question but thought i would ask. I am a 6 ft 4 guy I have changed seat out to a Tall boy and put taller mirrors on the bike. I know I probably should have gone with a bigger bike but This is the bike I like and the salesman recommended for me to start , but just need some advice thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-05-2016, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hey man, not a dumb question. I am also in the same boat as you. I should have gone with a bigger bike as well, but i was brand new and it was all i could afford. As for the handlebar, you could just buy the reach handle bar HD makes for the bike. It says it brings it up and back a bit for a more relaxed ride. It shouldnt change the way the bike handles. Check out my 6 Month Review of my Street 750. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIFT4vOdfk
Hellbilly likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-06-2016, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the Reply Bxpolymath I will check out your Review. I do like the bike and yeah price was right for a first bike so I will make do for a year or so. I have 2 inch risers coming in for it with swivel on them so hopefully it will help.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-06-2016, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxpolymath View Post
Hey man, not a dumb question. I am also in the same boat as you. I should have gone with a bigger bike as well, but i was brand new and it was all i could afford. As for the handlebar, you could just buy the reach handle bar HD makes for the bike. It says it brings it up and back a bit for a more relaxed ride. It shouldnt change the way the bike handles. Check out my 6 Month Review of my Street 750. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIFT4vOdfk
LOL...cool review bro.....was interesting and a fun ride along....

My 2 cents....a bike is a bike...it's what you make it...if you're happy with it, who gives a crap what anyone else thinks....I rode my Honda Aero with pride.....didn't care what others thought.....I only recently got my first Harley because I've always wanted one and the time was right for me....only took 47 years....

There are multiple things to do to customize the bikes, no matter the CC, to one's own size. ****, I see big guys riding those little scooters and razor type motorcycles....it's just a matter of finding the parts and affording them.....but there's always things one can do to their bike.....
Kfox likes this.

Current rides:

2016 Softail Slim S Olive Gold Denim

2016 Street 750 Vivid Black

1998 Honda Aero Black/Silver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page