Harley Davidson Riding Academy - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-10-2017, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Harley Davidson Riding Academy

I just finished the new riders course over the weekend at Gateway Harley Davidson. It was an absolute blast learning to ride on a Street 500. My only gripe was the engine gaurds they use are really low and i kept grinding the crap out of them while leaning in the turns. I cant wait to get my own bike. Street Rod here i come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-10-2017, 03:53 PM

Location: Southwest Iowa with more than a little time spent in Ames
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. The Riding Academy bikes have a bunch of orange guards on them. In another thread it was pointed out that except for the engine guard, all can be purchased in black for use on the street. There was speculation in that thread that the engine guard wouldn't be usable outside the course because it would scrape so much.

Paul
Central and SW Iowa
2016 xg750
post #3 of 4 Old 10-10-2017, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugslyCat View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. The Riding Academy bikes have a bunch of orange guards on them. In another thread it was pointed out that except for the engine guard, all can be purchased in black for use on the street. There was speculation in that thread that the engine guard wouldn't be usable outside the course because it would scrape so much.
yeah its way lower than the regular engine guards. I scraped the ground with it four or five times. kinda freaked me out the first time.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-11-2017, 12:08 PM

Location: Southwest Iowa with more than a little time spent in Ames
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
When I took the MSF course I was scraping the pegs on the V-Star 250. That got my attention.

Paul
Central and SW Iowa
2016 xg750

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page