User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2019, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you all of the replies! I think if I use the the V&H tuner, it will void the warranty. . .that’s why I’d like to stick with the SE tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2019, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
I admit to being somewhat confused ? Why would that make a difference? If you change the map yourself on your bike with any tuner you will be voiding your warranty?

Botty
Old 11-06-2019, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botty View Post
I admit to being somewhat confused ? Why would that make a difference? If you change the map yourself on your bike with any tuner you will be voiding your warranty?
Perhaps this comment from the article:

"None of that’s going to do you any good without the H-D Stage 1 ECM recalibration, which my local Orange County, CA, dealers will do for around $200. There are other ways to do it than the H-D service department, but none are less expensive and most will void your warranty."

Old 11-06-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Well, the Screamin’ Eagle tuner is a Harley Davidson product. You can see on HD’s webpage that using it will not void the warranty.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...ance-tuner-kit
Old 11-06-2019, 03:46 PM

Garage
I am amazed at that - in the wrong hands a tuner can have an adverse effect on the engine. Having said that the warranty period of a HD is 24 months, any problems that are created by incorrect tuning will likely take longer than that to show up so I guess they are not stupid eh

I opted for the FP3 because I liked the additional features that you can see while you are riding. Am pleased with mine.

Good luck with your tuning, I hope it goes well.

Botty
Old 11-06-2019, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I am amazed at that - in the wrong hands a tuner can have an adverse effect on the engine. Having said that the warranty period of a HD is 24 months, any problems that are created by incorrect tuning will likely take longer than that to show up so I guess they are not stupid eh

I opted for the FP3 because I liked the additional features that you can see while you are riding. Am pleased with mine.

Good luck with your tuning, I hope it goes well.
Thanks! It'd be pretty terrible if I couldn't handle a Stage 1 upgrade

What modifications have you made to your bike that have required tuning?
Old 11-07-2019, 06:31 AM

Garage
I changed the exhaust and the air filter. I am pretty certain that the engine would have run smooth without a tune if I had just changed the exhaust as the sensors would have compensated for the minor differences but when I changed the air filter too I would not have been happy running it without a tune.
I have read on loads of sites about the lean running of HD engines from the factory and also wanted to change that which, as you know, cant be done without a tuner.

I tuned mine using the 'auto-tune' facility as I personally believe that an engine will never operate in the 'near perfect' conditions that a dyno facility has to offer.

I really am a 'happy bunny' as to how smooth mine sounds at tickover and at all rpm ranges and as I said previously with the FP3 I like to have my phone connected while riding in order to see things like temp, tacho, mpg, voltage and the 'eco-light' come on now and again!

I am also pretty confident that if a fault code were to appear that I could now trace and clear it without HD's monkeys intervention
Propnut, T-BoneSteve and MZBKA like this.

Botty
Old 11-15-2019, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I have the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner on my 2015 XG750, FIREBRAND Loose Cannon Slip-On Exhaust and K&N Aircharger That's Also Stage 1.
Propnut likes this.

2015 Street 750 Modifications-Krator Black Mirror Relocation Arms, Wisamic-5-3/4" 5.75" Round LED Headlight, Harley-Davidson Black Billet Aluminum Seat Bolt, H-D Screaming Eagle Spark Plugs, 10mm Screaming Eagle Plug Wires and Firebrand Loose Cannon Slip-on Exhaust
Old 11-16-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you!

Thank you all for the advice. My bike now sounds like a motorcycle and has a nice little performance boost! Feels like the engine had been holding back without the Stage 1!
Old 11-17-2019, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtTDC View Post
I have the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner on my 2015 XG750, FIREBRAND Loose Cannon Slip-On Exhaust and K&N Aircharger That's Also Stage 1.
Just looking at your modifications: Why did you change the spark plugs and spark plug cables?