• 2 Post By bmoothedan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-15-2014, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up What a great weekend!!!!

I rode my bike to the Ocean City Bike fest, there was so many bikes, mostly HD and the sweet thing was that a lot of folks ask me what type of Harley was I riding, many has not seen the 750 Street yet or even know that it exist. I was like a proud mother hen showing off my

I left on Friday with 40 miles on my bike, today, my bike has 462 miles on it.
StoneFree, bbally and bmoothedan like this.

I am the Beauty of "Beauty and the Beast"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-15-2014, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to bmoothedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVerneKey View Post
I rode my bike to the Ocean City Bike fest, there was so many bikes, mostly HD and the sweet thing was that a lot of folks ask me what type of Harley was I riding, many has not seen the 750 Street yet or even know that it exist. I was like a proud mother hen showing off my

I left on Friday with 40 miles on my bike, today, my bike has 462 miles on it.
@LaVerneKey, the Street 750 sure gathers a lot of attention where ever you take it. I need to get used to being stared at now . One onlooker asked me why my bike has two engines and I politely explained that this is a single engine with twin cylinders and then gave the analogy of a car with 3 or 4 cylinders but a single engine.
StoneFree and AYEDEE like this.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-21-2014, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoothedan View Post
@LaVerneKey, the Street 750 sure gathers a lot of attention where ever you take it. I need to get used to being stared at now . One onlooker asked me why my bike has two engines and I politely explained that this is a single engine with twin cylinders and then gave the analogy of a car with 3 or 4 cylinders but a single engine.
Yes, the Street does attract a lot of attention. Even I have had pictures taken, stopped on the street to be asked about the bike and on traffic signals asked about the bike on numerous occasions. Almost every one asks about its capabilities and it's good looks. Yes, as Bmoothedan says, it's like showing off a new baby.
I did a few short rides too. Could not manage a long ride as yet. Hoping to do it very soon. Hopefully within the week. Also, I have sought help elsewhere on the forum, I ask again, how do I post pictures on the forum? Haven't figured it out so far.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-22-2014, 11:04 AM

@AYEDEE, I'll put you in touch with a friend and colleague of mine. He got the 1st Street 750 in Kerala (Spice Coast Harley). A vivid black one. Since April of this year, he's done 11,400 kms. He was posted in Bangalore earlier. He used to do Bangalore - Kochi - Trivandrum every other week. Two weeks ago he flew into Pune after his Bangalore stint was over. After he met me and saw that I have a Street 750, he decided to get his bike from Trivandrum. So he flew to Trivandrum and rode all the way to Pune via Bangalore. That's around 1000 miles in less than 24 hours. He must have inadvertently completed the Iron Butt Association's Bun Burner challenge. If he were paid for riding, that's all he would do . Unfortunately he's being posted back to Bangalore and so will be riding to Bangalore tomorrow.

For pictures, you could embed a picture in your post if you have uploaded online some place or you could attach pictures to your post.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-22-2014, 11:14 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYEDEE View Post
Also, I have sought help elsewhere on the forum, I ask again, how do I post pictures on the forum? Haven't figured it out so far.
See attachments on this post of mine. One you upload your images to an online system (Google, FB, etc.), you can embed it in your post.
Attached Images
File Type: png 01-Select Picture.PNG (11.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png 02-Enter Picture URL.PNG (12.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png 03-Picture Embedded.PNG (11.1 KB, 8 views)
post #6 of 8 Old 09-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
See attachments on this post of mine. One you upload your images to an online system (Google, FB, etc.), you can embed it in your post.

The key being that you have to load the image to an online source. You can also use Photobucket and just copy the IMG link (the bottom of the four options for copying) and past it into the post.

Always remember that for every mile of highway there are two miles of ditches.

Last edited by StoneFree; 09-23-2014 at 11:24 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-23-2014, 10:41 AM

Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it. Will try to upload pictures again using the tips given.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-23-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
@AYEDEE, I'll put you in touch with a friend and colleague of mine. He got the 1st Street 750 in Kerala (Spice Coast Harley). A vivid black one. Since April of this year, he's done 11,400 kms. He was posted in Bangalore earlier. He used to do Bangalore - Kochi - Trivandrum every other week. Two weeks ago he flew into Pune after his Bangalore stint was over. After he met me and saw that I have a Street 750, he decided to get his bike from Trivandrum. So he flew to Trivandrum and rode all the way to Pune via Bangalore. That's around 1000 miles in less than 24 hours. He must have inadvertently completed the Iron Butt Association's Bun Burner challenge. If he were paid for riding, that's all he would do . Unfortunately he's being posted back to Bangalore and so will be riding to Bangalore tomorrow.

For pictures, you could embed a picture in your post if you have uploaded online some place or you could attach pictures to your post.
Thanks Bmoothedan. Will be nice to be in touch with your friend, the die hard rider. I can be contacted at 08197989363.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page