9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
inspection sticker

most states require an inspection sticker on all vehicles.

most bikes I see around here don't have one.

found out yesterday it is a $125 fine for not having one.

not only was my bike delivered with a 1/2 gallon of fuel, unwashed, loose mirrors, other loose nuts and bolts, but no inspection sticker!!!

I was charged an extra $1000 for freight and $899 for assembly, what a rip off!

the more I learn about my Harley experience the more I don't like it!
the incompetence and arrogance is really starting to show!

they seem to mistake politeness and patience for being a fool or a pushover, and that pisses me off!

even the camaraderie at the HOG meetings has changed from the first one going great, the 2nd one sucked. this entire Harley experience is starting to suck! they hate these street model bikes and those that ride them and it shows!

I refuse to put up with all the geriatric Harley bs!

Last edited by Rock270; 07-19-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock270 View Post
most states require an inspection sticker on all vehicles.

most bikes I see around here don't have one.

found out yesterday it is a $125 fine for not having one.

not only was my bike delivered with a 1/2 gallon of fuel, unwashed, loose mirrors, other loose nuts and bolts, but no inspection sticker!!!

I was charged an extra $1000 for freight and $899 for assembly, what a rip off!

the more I learn about my Harley experience the more I don't like it!
the incompetence and arrogance is really starting to show!

they seem to mistake politeness and patience for being a fool or a pushover, and that pisses me off!

even the camaraderie at the HOG meetings has changed from the first one going great, the 2nd one sucked. this entire Harley experience is starting to suck! they hate these street model bikes and those that ride them and it shows!

think i'm gonna pay this bike off early then sell it!
I refuse to continue to put up with all the Harley bullshit!
Well, glad to know Harley Davidson's world famous customer service is crossing over from their big twins over to the little guys. I walk in, pay cash for my bikes and walk out. If I brake something, I fix it myself. If it's warranty ... give me the part and I will fix it myself. I got to this point, because I didn't have a lot of money and I couldn't afford to pay their service rates.

Buy a manual, and put your bike together properly. Anyone who's had their bike apart, knows exactly what I'm talking about here. Right Harley Davidson
Rock270 likes this.

Some days I like to go fast and other days I like to try stupid things on my bikes.

www.youtube.com/user/haulinonalo
post #3 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I agree totally!

post #4 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
@Rock270,

" they hate these street model bikes and those that ride them and it shows!"

I guess that some cannot hide their ignorance. These are the same people who probably regard the AMF junk as "classic bikes". Yes, "the incompetence and arrogance is really starting to show". I suspect that those who "hate these street model bikes..............etc." have helped to foster the attitude of whence you speak. Well, as H-D continues to modernize their product(s) ( i.e.STREETs, V-ROD s) so will a new generation of riders emerge. I would like to think that the "new generation" will also NOT put-up with the BS that you have so sagely identified!
post #5 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
yes I totally agree with you!
whether they like it or not, water cooled engines are here to stay....period!
it wont be long until the air cooled ones are outlawed, even though I don't agree with that.

seems like the live and let live hasn't arrived for the older die hards....(rather cant get it hard)...lol. !

Last edited by Rock270; 07-19-2015 at 06:50 PM.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
@Rock270,

I've always considered those who cling to cliquishness and unreasonable exclusion of others to be highly insecure. I make every effort to avoid those of that ilk. While I'm a HOG member, as part of my original purchase, I do not participate in their meetings, etc. I'm sure as #e !! not going to let them or anyone else influence my choice of what to ride. In spite of some glitches, that have been well covered in this forum, I like the STREET and because of it @72 I can still ride. I appreciate that!
Solo750owner and Rock270 like this.
post #7 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBERG View Post
@Rock270,

I've always considered those who cling to cliquishness and unreasonable exclusion of others to be highly insecure. I make every effort to avoid those of that ilk. While I'm a HOG member, as part of my original purchase, I do not participate in their meetings, etc. I'm sure as #e !! not going to let them or anyone else influence my choice of what to ride. In spite of some glitches, that have been well covered in this forum, I like the STREET and because of it @72 I can still ride. I appreciate that!
yes you are right, I too still like this lil bike.
and like my wife said just today, don't allow arrogant hateful types destroy what you love, the best revenge is to be happy with out them! that being said, well....enuf said!
post #8 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBERG View Post
@Rock270,

For me it is a perfect bike to learn ride at age 72:-)
Rock270 likes this.
post #9 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Some of it sounds like a dealer that doesn't care, other parts are just what I call the typical HD owners. I bought the bike because I like it. I'm changing things I don't like to make them so I do like them. Beyond that, it doesn't matter to me. I put on more miles than 95% of the people I see every time I go to the dealership. The only people I typically end up chatting with are service guys that don't ride new bikes. That's fine with me. I ride alone too. I learned a long time ago that even though you share the same interests as some people it doesn't mean they're the type of person you want to hang around. If I'm approached I'll be more than glad to chat it up, otherwise I'm fine hanging out with the friends I already have when we have time. Any group you buy in to, is not a group worth being in, in my opinion.
Zowie Mcgrath and Rock270 like this.

The text above is my opinion. Feel free to ignore it. I do.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-19-2015, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Oh and back on the inspection sticker, here in NC if you buy something new off the lot you wouldn't get one until it was time to renew. It's common knowledge the dealer must perform an inspection with the purchase and you're just good to go. Now we have it set up so you get inspected when you renew your tags so you have no way of renewing without an inspection being performed so we don't need stickers any longer.

The text above is my opinion. Feel free to ignore it. I do.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page