1st HOG meeting vs 2nd hOG meeting! - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 07-19-2015, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1st HOG meeting vs 2nd hOG meeting!

yesterday, at my 2nd hOG meeting at the dealership, I was treated like an ugly poster on the wall, no one (that was so friendly at the first meeting) even acknowledged I was even there!...none of the so called leaders!....only a couple of real quiet ones standing along the back wall.....all the other chairs were takin up by all the 5x5 women at the tables along the side of the meeting, (the ones that were supposed to help members get their new hog chapter patches.) (NOW I know why they call them hog meetings!)

update: I also noticed not very many members in that meeting had door prize receipts, I sure as heck didnt get one!...but the asst director had a longggggg roll of them....and he won the $120 cash prize!!.....then another prize!........he also won last months door prize with a long line of receipts!.....now what does that tell ya?.....(and all the other old men just sat there and didn't say anything!)..........evil filthy corrupt is the way I see it.....again....typical crap for Louisiana!......from Jindal on down....sometimes I miss the corruption in texas...lol....at least there they are more discreet about it.

the lady taking pictures for the new members took more than a few of a lady, they viewed them and finally she chose which one for them to use in their newsletter, this took several minutes!...it was like a modeling love fest. I started to wonder if they were gonna slip off into the back room for a while.

...as I was waiting, I walked to the table to pay for the new charter patches, then she came over quickly pulled my shirt and told me she had to take my picture in a hurried way, well she threw the camera up snapped it,... then walked away.........I thought you rude hateful w1tch!....

when I returned back to the table for the HOG chapter patches, the old 5'x5' blonde haired lady was yaking to other women at the next table over with her back to me, she turned her 24" neck and looked over her shoulder at me, then returned yaking to the other ladies.

I stood there patiently for several minutes waiting for her to return her attention to her table, during this time the chapter director walked directly in front of me within inches and didn't even acknowledge my presence!...I tried to talk to the asst director next to the table where I was standing, he was very short and not polite at all!....finally the old 5'x5' blonde haired lady turned back around to her table then all of a sudden a guy walked in front of me and threw his vest on the table and then she was so perky and talkative to him.....that's when I decided to heck with this,..... they all can kiss my backside!.....and that will never change!!!!!!! i'm sure not all HOG members are like this, but Louisiana seems to be full of them!
Zowie Mcgrath likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 07-20-2015, 04:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
sorry that you had to go through that.
I am a member(first year free with the purchase).
My local store(Boyd Yung Motorcycles Toowoomba) is great and regularly run sausage sizzles, rides, etc.
Generally under the HoG banner, but some are just from the shop.
I havent been to an official HoG meeting or cruise yet tho, and maybe i no longer want to after reading your horrible experience.

Bummer mate :-(
Rock270 likes this.
post #3 of 22 Old 07-20-2015, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
hopefully my situation is rare.....I think that organization overall is good!

I been in Louisiana for 6 yrs and most around here are decent friendly people.
then as with anywhere, there is always some self serving, arrogant and unfriendly types.

I honestly don't know what happened between the two meetings, I certainly was not disrespectful to anyone at the first meeting and even rode with the charter carrying the patriot flag on our portion of its journey and that went well also....

but the 2nd meeting was a shocker......in many ways.

i'll never go back to another one, and after I get my inspection sticker tue, I plan to never go back to that dealer either.
if I need or want something for this bike, ill just order it from the internet and have it shipped to my house then put it on myself.

I would at least give your folks the benefit of any doubt at first.
then if they turn out like this bunch, .... after that I wouldn't go back.

this entire street model experience is like the vrod owners have dealt with for over 10 yrs.
the air cooled folks don't like the water cooled bikes, and some look down on the owners of those bikes.

Harley sees the writing on the wall, and if they are to survive future regulations and the competition, they have to modernize their lineup.
other wise the old air cooled guys will die off and so will Harley, and they know it.

like most old hard headed types, they don't accept change willingly.
Zowie Mcgrath and JONBERG like this.

post #4 of 22 Old 07-20-2015, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
So even though you bought a bike and got the first year free did you have to do anything or just get information in the mail? I don't recall what the dealer told me since I was just focused on getting the bike!
Zowie Mcgrath and Rock270 like this.
post #5 of 22 Old 07-20-2015, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorNade View Post
So even though you bought a bike and got the first year free did you have to do anything or just get information in the mail? I don't recall what the dealer told me since I was just focused on getting the bike!
the first meeting you attend, the person that handles the registration should get with you and fill out your application for that local chapter.

the national hog office will send you a packet in a couple of weeks with your member number, pin, patch and info brochure.
post #6 of 22 Old 07-20-2015, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
@ Gator Nade & Rock270,

RE: HOG,
I've never attended a meeting; all of my stuff just came in the mail.
Irie and Rock270 like this.
post #7 of 22 Old 07-20-2015, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I am still p.o.ed about the way I was treated this past Saturday by the local hog group, so today I called and vented to the customer service at the hog national office.

the lady, (apparently from), india ....listened, then basically said get with your local chapter and work it out...GRRRRR!...

I told her I simply wanted the national office to know how this local chapter treated me as a new member...now i'm a former member that will never be a member again.....ever!......

it's all about politics....and i'll be the first to say they can shove their politics up their backside...all the way up!....
post #8 of 22 Old 07-20-2015, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
people that know me know I am a big teddy bear until some one craps on me, then I can turn into the Tasmanian devil!

for anybody that has any complaints about their bikes or Harley do what hits them BIG in the pocket......! that'll get their attention fast!!!

so, this is what I just did!....go to google news and lookup the forbes article about Harley and their stock prices.....then log into forbes and comment on anything your little heart desires!

...and if your comment is called out by the writers of this story, then your comment goes out to ALL the forbes networks!

ya reckon if that happened mr Harley almighty might be a bit more concerned about your problem?....u betcha!....no, not really, but what the heck?
post #9 of 22 Old 07-20-2015, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
What's HOG? They keep sending me stuff and I keep tossing it in the garbage. The way I see it, they're just a big group of circle jerk enthusiasts run by a bunch of wild hogs flunkies.

No disrespect to the folks out there who actually take the group serious. I have brothers for chit like that. HOG can kiss my arse. Go watch my blowout video to learn what HOG roadside assistance is TRULY about
Zowie Mcgrath and Rock270 like this.

Some days I like to go fast and other days I like to try stupid things on my bikes.

www.youtube.com/user/haulinonalo
post #10 of 22 Old 07-21-2015, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
@Haulin on a Lo,

"What's HOG?"

Harley Organization Group, they can't live without each other!
Rock270 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page