• 1 Post By Subike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-07-2015, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
where does your bike sleep?

I never let my bikes/s sit outside in the weather more than a few minutes either washing or working on them, when at home.

currently my street 750 sits in our carport.
my other bike sits in a covered and locked stall I built next to our carport.

I am in the process re-purposing a green house as a new covered and locked stall for my street 750.

the guy down the street from us, lets his bike sit out in the weather all the time, I gave him one of my old covers and he uses it every now and then...90% of the time it just sits out in his yard uncovered, no matter what the weather is around here.

years ago when I lived in a subdivision my bikes always were kept in the garage.

just curious how many let their bikes sit outside in the weather all the time, when they are not being ridden.

shoot, I even built a two story air conditioned/heated dog house for our three small dogs. I cant let any of my possessions stay out unprotected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-07-2015, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Yip mine sleeps in a garage at home when not in use. When time for a wash I bring it in under a rather large awning leading off the house, as I am not one to wash and dry a vehicle in the direct sunlight.
Rock270 likes this.

2015 Street 750 Vivid Black
post #3 of 9 Old 08-07-2015, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
i agree....the only time I wash my vehicles, in the driveway, is "very" early in the morning, before the sun gets up and then I use my air blower to dry them off.

most all of my vehicles are black, with one dark blue.
don't want dried water spots on them.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-07-2015, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
In the garage. My Audio sits in the driveway so the bike doesn't have to!
Rock270 likes this.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-07-2015, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
In the driveway, typically uncovered. I rode it rain or shine so covering it is rather pointless. I've washed it once in the 5 months I've owned it. If it had a real paint job it might get washed more.

My Dalmatian stays inside, I'd never banish her outside. I would be pissed if my mom had raised me outside while she lived inside.
Rock270 likes this.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-07-2015, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My Street lives in a garage with two other bikes, a classic 1982 XS1100 Yamaha and a Classic 1982 CBX Honda .The dog's kennel in beside the garage door, he likes the taste of jeans worn by anyone he does not know...
Rock270 likes this.

Shafty Old Bugga
post #7 of 9 Old 08-08-2015, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesskelter View Post
In the driveway, typically uncovered. I rode it rain or shine so covering it is rather pointless. I've washed it once in the 5 months I've owned it. If it had a real paint job it might get washed more.

My Dalmatian stays inside, I'd never banish her outside. I would be pissed if my mom had raised me outside while she lived inside.

you seem like that you are a true biker, a daily rider. I've seen some that you could tell they ride daily and their bikes are not kept clean because they stay rolling. whether it's their only transportation or not, they ride all the time. me, I'm a casual rider, not a daily rider.

I've also seen some riders that have all kinds of stuff hanging off their bikes, like an extra tire, duffle bags, and all kinds of things that one can tell that they live on their bikes. to me, that is a real biker.

yeah, cant leave our pets outside either. we have 4 cats and 5 dogs, they either stay inside or can go out to a screened in porch that wraps around the house. the three outside dogs have an air conditioned and heated 2 story dog house they live in. I also have a camera inside so I can see and hear them from inside our house. they love it! the only animals we have that live outside are 4 chickens. but they also have a house to go into. love those yard eggs !!
post #8 of 9 Old 08-08-2015, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subike View Post
My Street lives in a garage with two other bikes, a classic 1982 XS1100 Yamaha and a Classic 1982 CBX Honda .The dog's kennel in beside the garage door, he likes the taste of jeans worn by anyone he does not know...

cool, I like classic bikes too.
my other bike is a 2006 ST1300 Honda. it only has 11k miles and is still in mint condition. it has it's own covered and locked stall next to our carport. ...every time I start my street 750, I can hear the STeed kicking the stall wanting out...lol !

.....taste of jeans....that's funny..!
I used to have a Rottweiler, he wasn't mean, but he acted very aggressive. he would bite the chain link fence and twist his head and the whole fence would creak...lol..! the UPS guys wouldn't get out of the truck afraid he would tear the fence down. his favorite toy was an old motocross tire I kept for him to play with.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-08-2015, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMstreet505 View Post
In the garage. My Audio sits in the driveway so the bike doesn't have to!

I could get away with that with my truck, but not the wifes SUV.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page