LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 12-31-2013, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hey firehawk....

Do you by any chance have one of them Pontiac Firehawk versions of the Firebird?
Had to ask... being a classic car/ muscle car gearhead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-02-2014, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
firehawk the member?
post #3 of 21 Old 01-02-2014, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
I always liked those firebirds, too bad Pontiac is no longer around. But I believe people are buying front end conversions to make their camaro's look like what a firebird might.

post #4 of 21 Old 01-02-2014, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
ahh, by the time the firehawk rolled around the firebird was a shell of its former self..

you wanna talk firebirds you gotta talk about the 455 SD and thats it LOL

@stude I'm a big classic guy as well, got a numbers matching '69 indy pace camaro currently in resto and an 86 mustang GT cobra
post #5 of 21 Old 01-02-2014, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkystreet View Post
firehawk the member?
Yes, I am curious about his user name.
post #6 of 21 Old 01-02-2014, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin On View Post
ahh, by the time the firehawk rolled around the firebird was a shell of its former self..

you wanna talk firebirds you gotta talk about the 455 SD and thats it LOL

@stude I'm a big classic guy as well, got a numbers matching '69 indy pace camaro currently in resto and an 86 mustang GT cobra
Apparently the 69 Camaro is the most popular muscle cars of all time. You can't pick up a magazine without seeing at least a half dozen of them.
I worked at a Ford dealership when the 86 Mustangs were new. First year for fuel injection on the 5.0L GT. I might be a bit partial to Ford.

Yeah the SD is an icon in the Pontiac realm. As similar to the Camaros as the Firebirds were, I always thought that the Pontiacs had it all over their counterpart Chevrolets in the looks department, from beginning to end.

I have a 70 Galaxie 500 fastback, a 53 Studebaker pickup with a Ford powertrain, a 56 F250 project, and a 53 Studebaker truck project.
I just sold a 61 Studebaker Hawk to buy my Sportster back in August. I tend to gravitate more toward non-mainstream classics, but it costs me more when restoring.
post #7 of 21 Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
Apparently the 69 Camaro is the most popular muscle cars of all time. You can't pick up a magazine without seeing at least a half dozen of them.
I worked at a Ford dealership when the 86 Mustangs were new. First year for fuel injection on the 5.0L GT. I might be a bit partial to Ford.

Yeah the SD is an icon in the Pontiac realm. As similar to the Camaros as the Firebirds were, I always thought that the Pontiacs had it all over their counterpart Chevrolets in the looks department, from beginning to end.

I have a 70 Galaxie 500 fastback, a 53 Studebaker pickup with a Ford powertrain, a 56 F250 project, and a 53 Studebaker truck project.
I just sold a 61 Studebaker Hawk to buy my Sportster back in August. I tend to gravitate more toward non-mainstream classics, but it costs me more when restoring.
yea my pop was a ford tech when i picked her up brand new in 86 , thought he was going to disown me when i picked up the camaro the following year on the cheap ahahaaa.

Always wanted a classic rig, they have such charm to them. Must be a needle in a haystack tracking down those studebaker parts, but now your user name makes sense
post #8 of 21 Old 01-03-2014, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin On View Post
yea my pop was a ford tech when i picked her up brand new in 86 , thought he was going to disown me when i picked up the camaro the following year on the cheap ahahaaa.

Always wanted a classic rig, they have such charm to them. Must be a needle in a haystack tracking down those studebaker parts, but now your user name makes sense
tracking down parts is why i hate dealing with older cars, but when you have everything and it's running, it's amazing

post #9 of 21 Old 01-03-2014, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
looks like hes gone
post #10 of 21 Old 01-04-2014, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhoonigan View Post
tracking down parts is why i hate dealing with older cars, but when you have everything and it's running, it's amazing
Believe it or not, Studebaker has pretty decent parts support for being an orphan brand, it just costs two or three times (or more) for similar parts as opposed to Ford or Chevy. You can build many Fords and Chevys without even having a car to start with, everything is available aftermarket from the ground up. Searching for the hard to find stuff is part of the fun when building an orphan.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page