User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-24-2014, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Component Hub?

Harley Davidson may be looking to transition their Indian operations into a major international component hub for the entire company.

Quote:
Prakash refused to answer questions on whether Harley would make India a future hub for sourcing components.

However, one of the company’s 13 dealers in India said this has been one of the points they had raised to the company, and the company has promised to come back with a plan before year end.
I'm not sure exactly what this could entail, but it is true that the Street 750 in India takes advantages of lower component costs to offer a more attractive MSRP...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I'm sure it would make sense from a business stand point and you can already see Harley moving in this direction. As long as the quality of the parts they'd been sourcing are up to snuff I think that Harley would be making a good move to create a hub here.

I'm sure the company is slightly hesitant to put too much in India since Harley is know as an American company. It makes sense as a base for building and sending bikes to Asia though. Bikes sold in America would still be built in America.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-25-2014, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Anything to take harley to the next level is a win, even more of a possibility for them to expand in more better bikes in the future.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page