Iron Order a criminal gang? Really? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 07-24-2014, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Iron Order a criminal gang? Really?

So our base commander through the staff judge advocate put out a memo yesterday banning the wearing or display of any kind of gang related emblems. First I was more than a little surprised that we might have any kind of problem with gang members on a military base, but in hindsight it might apply more to contractors coming in for construction or service jobs, delivering fuels and freight, landscapers and the like.

But what bothered me is that in this laundry list of criminal organizations included on the memo was Iron Order. They have them mixed in with Le Emme, Hells Angeles, MS-13 and the like. I don't get it. I don't have much for choppers and people dressing up like pirates on the weekend. Copping a tude and acting tough look more comical than threatening to me. Arrrrr, maytey, shiver me timbers you look like a Barbary Pirate on that Star motorcycle with the deafening pipes. But criminal? I just don't see it. The few Iron Order members I know all seem pretty community and family oriented. The guy next door is prospecting (I wanted to say pledging, lol) with them and his wife has the keys to my home. I tell her to bring her kids over during the day and tire my doggies out. He turns wrenches on F/A-18s for a living. Criminal gang member? What are the JAG corps smoking? Sad, isn't it. I hope Iron Order sues the bejeezus out of the base commander and his staff judge advocate. Calling law abiding citizens criminals like that is bs. If you have evidence, prosecute otherwise keep your mouths shut.
bbally likes this.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-24-2014, 04:40 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
DT don't know about gangs here in India but could you do me a Favour.
Could you Test-Ride Honda CBR650F and give your opinion. Heard a lot about the bike almost positive, speculative India launch next year so makes me interested.
This is 4 cylinder so just might interest you. Just try if you possibly can. Cheers....!!!!
post #3 of 17 Old 07-24-2014, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
it could just be the cops picking on them.

i know in america when it comes to bike enthusiast communities they do pick on them and use any little thing to go after the whole club and it's chapters.

post #4 of 17 Old 07-24-2014, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Tortoise View Post
So our base commander through the staff judge advocate put out a memo yesterday banning the wearing or display of any kind of gang related emblems. First I was more than a little surprised that we might have any kind of problem with gang members on a military base, but in hindsight it might apply more to contractors coming in for construction or service jobs, delivering fuels and freight, landscapers and the like.

But what bothered me is that in this laundry list of criminal organizations included on the memo was Iron Order. They have them mixed in with Le Emme, Hells Angeles, MS-13 and the like. I don't get it. I don't have much for choppers and people dressing up like pirates on the weekend. Copping a tude and acting tough look more comical than threatening to me. Arrrrr, maytey, shiver me timbers you look like a Barbary Pirate on that Star motorcycle with the deafening pipes. But criminal? I just don't see it. The few Iron Order members I know all seem pretty community and family oriented. The guy next door is prospecting (I wanted to say pledging, lol) with them and his wife has the keys to my home. I tell her to bring her kids over during the day and tire my doggies out. He turns wrenches on F/A-18s for a living. Criminal gang member? What are the JAG corps smoking? Sad, isn't it. I hope Iron Order sues the bejeezus out of the base commander and his staff judge advocate. Calling law abiding citizens criminals like that is bs. If you have evidence, prosecute otherwise keep your mouths shut.
Yes, it is very sad... leave it to our illustrious government. I would say more, but no political discussion here, right?
post #5 of 17 Old 07-25-2014, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGuy View Post
it could just be the cops picking on them.

i know in america when it comes to bike enthusiast communities they do pick on them and use any little thing to go after the whole club and it's chapters.

I think it is more like other gangs that are criminal organizations picking fights and starting things with them, which ends up attracting the attention of the police.

From what I can see, Iron Order minds their own business but they ride where they want and they don't ask any of the criminal gangs permission to go places. Think about it, if you are honest and minding your own business you don't go asking the local crims if it's all right to ride through. But the HA and other see a bunch of bikers with three piece cuts and it doesn't register that they are mostly law abiding squares with their own honest businesses or real jobs and security clearances and such. They think it's another gang like them out to push them out and take over their criminal enterprises, and then the fight begins. The cops see a bunch of guys in three piece cuts fighting and, bingo, you are a criminal, never mind who started the fight. At least that's what I see.

Effin' staff judge advocate, I have been on the verge of typing an e-mail asking WTF but working for the military you tend to not want to draw attention to yourself. Sigh.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
post #6 of 17 Old 07-25-2014, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I believe it's a lot of things, both that we have mentioned along with others.
I even read how stuff like this that police do go into working in their favor to ask for more money from the government, ultimately to increase their bottom line.
post #7 of 17 Old 07-25-2014, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
It all depends on who hears what too. My daughter and I are part of a local biker "gang" according to the news reporters around here.

We participated in a charity ride lead by a local non-affiliated biker for a little boy with cancer. Quite a few Riding Clubs around here joined in. The local news reported on it, because there were a lot of bikes, saying that D____ and his motorcycle gang were riding for the boy.

The local dominant MC went around and talked to each of the RC's just to make sure they were not planning a big takeover. LOL All because some reporter (or writer) didn't check the proper terminology.

For the record, my daughter and I are not even affiliated with any of the RC's, let alone a gang. LOL
Livin On likes this.

Jason
post #8 of 17 Old 07-26-2014, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Sadly, I think with the idea of motorcycle clubs that people get with the idea they have of the Hells Angels, it gives them the default idea that all motorcycle clubs are like that. they will always paint clubs with the same brush.

Chevy_man5 and Rock270 like this.
post #9 of 17 Old 10-24-2014, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your commander is correct. Iron order is full of corrupt cops and are currently under investigation by multiple parties. They have been implicated in murders and rape. They are being investigated by a federal fusion center on RICO charges and by the SAO in Jville fla for the execution of an unarmed man. Both investigations will be releasing indictments any day now. If I were you I'd stay far away or your own future military career may suffer. There are quite a few military based motorcycle clubs that have an honorable record for you to join.
post #10 of 17 Old 10-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
I hadn't heard of the Iron Order MC so I did the logical thing and went to their website to check them out.

It should be understood that I grew up around outlaw motorcycle clubs and I don't have anything specifically against them as their conflicts with other clubs are none of my concern. They are a breed apart not generally submitting to the "laws of society" tending to rely on their own values and rules (which typically results in them being "criminal" organizations by default). They've never done me any harm nor are they likely to harm anyone that respects them as person.

With that caveat here's a statement that's posted on their website.

"We refuse to be dictated to by anyone as to who we have as members, where we can have chapters, what we can wear, where we can go, or what we can do."

Iron Order Motorcycle Club

Inherently this statement makes them an "outlaw" biker club as they do not accept the laws of society that would prevent them from doing anything they want to do which can (and often does) lead to criminal activities.

Always remember that for every mile of highway there are two miles of ditches.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page