nearly bought the farm yesterday... - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock270
  • 1 Post By DaddyDevilKing
  • 1 Post By DaddyDevilKing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
nearly bought the farm yesterday...

I was coming home from an errand in my pickup, and while I was starting to turn left off of a two lane hwy, a seen a flash out of the corner of my left eye. a large black late model chevy suburban blew the stop sign on the side road, flying across the hwy I was on, so fast she lifted the vehicle up off the suspension as she flew right in front of me.
if I had of been 3 seconds earlier, she would have hit me on the drivers side at 70 mph. I would have bought the farm for sure.

we have made complaints before to our sherrif's dept about speeders on this posted 35 mph road, but nothing is ever done. since we moved out here there has been several multiple fatalities at the intersection.

I realize when its your day, it's your day. mine was nearly yesterday.
if I was on my bike and if she did hit me, there would have been nothing left for sure.

please be aware of your surroundings, you just never know these days with fools on cell phones not paying attention.
AYEDEE likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock270 View Post
I was coming home from an errand in my pickup, and while I was starting to turn left off of a two lane hwy, a seen a flash out of the corner of my left eye. a large black late model chevy suburban blew the stop sign on the side road, flying across the hwy I was on, so fast she lifted the vehicle up off the suspension as she flew right in front of me.
if I had of been 3 seconds earlier, she would have hit me on the drivers side at 70 mph. I would have bought the farm for sure

I realize when its your day, it's your day. mine was nearly yesterday.
if I was on my bike and if she did hit me, there would have been nothing left for
Glad you're ok Rock! Fucking people today are as ignorant, errogant, and oblivious as I've ever seen. I drive differently now after riding a MC. Like for instance I will hug the left side of the left lane if a biker is behind me so he has a better view of what's in front of me. Things like that. BUT IVE NEVER DRIVEN LIKE AN IDIOT/******* REGARDLESS. So sick of the way people "drive". Be safe out there everyone. Always expect that driver to do the worst thing possible and prepare yourself for that move.
AYEDEE likes this.

"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
post #3 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDevilKing View Post
Glad you're ok Rock! Fucking people today are as ignorant, errogant, and oblivious as I've ever seen. I drive differently now after riding a MC. Like for instance I will hug the left side of the left lane if a biker is behind me so he has a better view of what's in front of me. Things like that. BUT IVE NEVER DRIVEN LIKE AN IDIOT/******* REGARDLESS. So sick of the way people "drive". Be safe out there everyone. Always expect that driver to do the worst thing possible and prepare yourself for that move.
Wait...soooo I can say fucking but not a$$ hole? Hahahaha
Static07 likes this.

"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."

post #4 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Glad to hear you are alright. Indeed, no one pays attention anymore. Everyone is in their own world and the rest are just in their way.

The text above is my opinion. Feel free to ignore it. I do.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Glad your OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesskelter View Post
glad to hear you are alright. Indeed, no one pays attention anymore. Everyone is in their own world and the rest are just in their way.
so sad but its true!!
post #6 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Thank Fck you're ok mate...!
scary sht
post #7 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
thank you, it did scare the fire outta me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page