nearly bought the farm yesterday... - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock270
  • 1 Post By DaddyDevilKing
  • 1 Post By DaddyDevilKing
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
nearly bought the farm yesterday...

I was coming home from an errand in my pickup, and while I was starting to turn left off of a two lane hwy, a seen a flash out of the corner of my left eye. a large black late model chevy suburban blew the stop sign on the side road, flying across the hwy I was on, so fast she lifted the vehicle up off the suspension as she flew right in front of me.
if I had of been 3 seconds earlier, she would have hit me on the drivers side at 70 mph. I would have bought the farm for sure.

we have made complaints before to our sherrif's dept about speeders on this posted 35 mph road, but nothing is ever done. since we moved out here there has been several multiple fatalities at the intersection.

I realize when its your day, it's your day. mine was nearly yesterday.
if I was on my bike and if she did hit me, there would have been nothing left for sure.

please be aware of your surroundings, you just never know these days with fools on cell phones not paying attention.
AYEDEE likes this.
Rock270 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
 
DaddyDevilKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock270 View Post
I was coming home from an errand in my pickup, and while I was starting to turn left off of a two lane hwy, a seen a flash out of the corner of my left eye. a large black late model chevy suburban blew the stop sign on the side road, flying across the hwy I was on, so fast she lifted the vehicle up off the suspension as she flew right in front of me.
if I had of been 3 seconds earlier, she would have hit me on the drivers side at 70 mph. I would have bought the farm for sure

I realize when its your day, it's your day. mine was nearly yesterday.
if I was on my bike and if she did hit me, there would have been nothing left for
Glad you're ok Rock! Fucking people today are as ignorant, errogant, and oblivious as I've ever seen. I drive differently now after riding a MC. Like for instance I will hug the left side of the left lane if a biker is behind me so he has a better view of what's in front of me. Things like that. BUT IVE NEVER DRIVEN LIKE AN IDIOT/******* REGARDLESS. So sick of the way people "drive". Be safe out there everyone. Always expect that driver to do the worst thing possible and prepare yourself for that move.
AYEDEE likes this.

"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
DaddyDevilKing is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Senior Member
 
DaddyDevilKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDevilKing View Post
Glad you're ok Rock! Fucking people today are as ignorant, errogant, and oblivious as I've ever seen. I drive differently now after riding a MC. Like for instance I will hug the left side of the left lane if a biker is behind me so he has a better view of what's in front of me. Things like that. BUT IVE NEVER DRIVEN LIKE AN IDIOT/******* REGARDLESS. So sick of the way people "drive". Be safe out there everyone. Always expect that driver to do the worst thing possible and prepare yourself for that move.
Wait...soooo I can say fucking but not a$$ hole? Hahahaha
Static07 likes this.

"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
DaddyDevilKing is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
charlesskelter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Glad to hear you are alright. Indeed, no one pays attention anymore. Everyone is in their own world and the rest are just in their way.

The text above is my opinion. Feel free to ignore it. I do.
charlesskelter is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Glad your OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesskelter View Post
glad to hear you are alright. Indeed, no one pays attention anymore. Everyone is in their own world and the rest are just in their way.
so sad but its true!!
tdcmoto is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 08:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Zowie Mcgrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: QLD, Australia
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Thank Fck you're ok mate...!
scary sht
Zowie Mcgrath is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 06-20-2015, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
thank you, it did scare the fire outta me.
Rock270 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New article out yesterday. Can't be true?!? Irie Harley-Davidson Street General Discussion 5 03-12-2015 09:25 PM
US dealer brochure arrived yesterday Traxxtar Harley-Davidson Street Bookings, Dealers & Pricing 10 03-23-2014 01:07 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome