• 1 Post By oandy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-08-2015, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New break light

I was wondering if someone can help, I'm bobbing my sportster 883 and was wondering how to work the wiring for the new break light. The new light is not a Harley product and does not have the connecter for the circuit box. So I was wondering if anyone has donethis and could give me some pointers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-11-2015, 12:36 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinned View Post
I was wondering if someone can help, I'm bobbing my sportster 883 and was wondering how to work the wiring for the new break light. The new light is not a Harley product and does not have the connecter for the circuit box. So I was wondering if anyone has donethis and could give me some pointers

welcome...

sorry I am not familiar with the 883.
I would guess if you cut the wires after the plug and use a test light you can find out which wire goes to which circuit. if it's an LED light, then you may need to add a load equalizer also.

hopefully a more knowledgeable member will chime in to help you further.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-11-2015, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
You can buy automatice connectors that are water tight at your local parts store.

You just need a crimper to attached the cables and wires to them. The usually have them in a cit. That way you can cut right into the factory wireing and what not.

You could also solder them on and shrink tube them as well.

I do this all the time as I make custom automotive PC for our lovely government its pretty easy and definitely a DIY job.
Rock270 likes this.

I am a hockey guy thats a Harley guy..

I am a computer engineer working for one of the largest PC manufactures in the world.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-11-2015, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I dont know your level of expertise, if you are not concerned with the old light cut it and solder splice to the new light, if you are going to sell the old light or put it back on later then go to your dealer and buy a new plug and pins and crimp away for that professional look that us techs love to see, it should cost more than $15.00 and my estimate is probably high.if you cut and splice the old one , make sure you cut it at different lengths so they arent all bunched up.
Rock270 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page