Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

I did a thing......

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  edjtyer 
#1 ·
While a really did love the XG750A Street Rod my hips just could not handle the seating position for any longer than an hour. My dealer gave me what I paid for it in trade last October. They had 2 FXFBS's on the floor. The Industrial Gray Denim (same color as the Street Rod) one had S&S Grand National slip ons already installed. Since I was running one on the Street Rod and really liked the sound and quality I went with that one. $20,690 OTD. I negotiated the bike's price down to $18000 even. It's raining here but tomorrow looks promising for a nice long get to know ride. I've ridden one with the 107 but I have yet to experience what more the 114 has to offer. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if the weather breaks.

See less See more
#4 ·
I could have replaced your hips for $15k.
:D:D:D:D

To exchange the Street Rod for a FXFBS is a huge excuse for a pair of cramped hips. I would not have been able to pass that excuse past wifey, aka the bank manager, even though I would have been down on bended knees.

Looking through our local dealers website I see he also has an Industrial Gray Denim 114 in stock at a mere ZAR 253,500 Our currency is at present weaker than a piece of seaweed, currently trading at ZAR 12.75 to the USD which places the bike at around USD 19,880 on the floor. So looking at a price comparison they are on a par.

What throws the deal out of kilter is the current poor purchasing power of the ZAR. Being on pension I look now more carefully at what I purchase. My brother and sister live in the US so we frequently compare prices and the purchasing power of the ZAR We estimate that the ZAR has lost more than half of its value to the UDS since they left over 20 years ago.

Working on 50% (I think it is more today) you can't really compare just on exchange rate, you have to add in purchasing power. That being said the FXFBS in real terms jumps to USD 38,000 or thereabouts, something that makes you think, again and again, and again. :(:(:crying:

Having said that I do believe that the FXFBS is a really solid looking motorbike that oozes presence at idle or on the road. I can't wait for the feedback that Scooter M'Gee will pass on to us.

#7 ·
Put 130 miles on it today. When I got home I didn't even feel like I had been riding. Zero discomfort. The 114 motor......mmmmmmm. Torque for days. Pulls like a freight train and handles well. It's nice not having to dump a bunch of money into the suspension and seat to make it rideable. The new Softail frame and suspension are years better than the Dyna I have. The M8 114?? I'm at a loss for words it's that nice of a lump. Even with the slip ons it doesn't feel like it needs a tuner.

#9 ·
I am looking to upgrade too!

My wife and I are heading off to look at a 2018 Lowrider.....same frame and motor as yours. My Street 750 has been great and we would not be considering a trade except HD has sent me a $1500 private offer. Once I figure in that extra money I can swap for around 10k OTD. That means I am almost getting back what I paid for my 2015 XG 750. I would love to hear everyones thoughts....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.